There seems to be a lot of confusion about Intraweb XI. Hopefully this post will clarify many of these misunderstandings.
IntraWeb XI has the following goals:
- Provide a high level of compatibility with IntraWeb 10 and provide a migration path for developers that takes less than 15 minutes per project. API changes
- Simplify code base for easier maintenance by:
- Removing support for little used features
- Remove support for older browsers and standards that are no longer relevant.
- Reduce the number of IDEs which are supported
- Provide a stable code base for developers to depend on while we make major changes for IntraWeb XII.
- Provide new features such as Integrated Page Mode (IPM) that are high value, but low impact to the current code base.
- Provide a solid and expandable base to build IntraWeb XII on.