Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XE7 64-bit not working
Your last reply is empty.. .just quotes the previous message.
(03-12-2019, 04:24 PM)kudzu Wrote: Your last reply is empty.. .just quotes the previous message.

Hi Chad, there was actually a note inside the <code> section of his reply.  You have to scroll it.  I think he is on a mobile device and may have had trouble replying so it ended up there.

Dan
Forgive my clumsiness, I clicked on Reply without realising I was 'in' the code section.

I am away from the office due to unforseen circumstances but will be back next week, anoyingly since you have replied so promptly.

I don't have access to my 64-bit PC but am able to remote into the 32-bit W7 box.  I first of all thought I would be clever and update XE7 from last year's IW 14 to the latest IW 15.0.17 ; this unfortunately snookered my (fabulously successful) application from last year which still builds but now just displays a blank web page.  But I will come back to that, I don't want two issues on the go and that can wait.

On my now crippled XE7 I attempted a clean new IW application first on 32-bit platform, which (although it worked fine before the update) now fails with linter errors:

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Iwstart::TIWStart::TIWStart(bool)' referenced from C:\BCB_XE\PROJECTS\IW-64BIT\IWBASICPROJECT64_1\WIN64\DEBUG\IWBASICPROJECT64_1.O

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Iwstart::TIWStart::Execute(bool)' referenced from C:\BCB_XE\PROJECTS\IW-64BIT\IWBASICPROJECT64_1\WIN64\DEBUG\IWBASICPROJECT64_1.O

and I can get no further.

On 64-bit platform I thought I would at least see if it would link, and indeed introducing the #include <tchar.h> from your code snippet did indeed allow it to get past the original error which was

[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'WinMain' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMBARCADERO\STUDIO\15.0\LIB\WIN64\RELEASE\C0W64.O

which looks hopeful but now it falis, just like the 32-bit, with the same two IwStart errors, presumably as a result of the upgrade issue.

Other than noting that adding the include does seem to have made a difference, I doubt there is anything of use to you here.  I'll get back as soon as I can try the unbroken XE7 on the 64-bit machine.  Thanks for your continuing interest.

Denville.
I managed to get a colleague in the office to set up RD into the 64-bit W7 box runnungXE7.  I can report:

Re new 64-bit IW application:

Adding the #include <tchar.h> gets past the linker error and gives a clean build.  But running the app still gives the exception immediately on start-up: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b.  Click OK to close the application."

Starting the app within the IDE in fact simply crashes out without comment in the blink of an eye, the above message results when you start the app by clicking on it in Explorer.

In the VCL, I can start the application by clicking on the 'step into' button, where it goes to the CPU code (presumably the entry point) at:

00000000775C3840 4883EC48         sub rsp,$48
00000000775C3844 4C8BC9           mov r9,rcx
00000000775C3847 488B053AF40D00   mov rax,[rel $000df43a]
00000000775C384E 4885C0           test rax,rax
00000000775C3851 740C             jz $00000000775c385f
00000000775C3853 4C8BC2           mov r8,rdx
00000000775C3856 488BD1           mov rdx,rcx
00000000775C3859 33C9             xor ecx,ecx
00000000775C385B FFD0             call rax
00000000775C385D EB1A             jmp $00000000775c3879

Any attempt to step past the first line simply terminates the app.

For comparison I did the same on the healthy 32-bit app, where the start-up code is:

00402A58 EB10             jmp $00402a6a

which looks a lot more viable !  So I am thinking it is something to do with the entry point, but I may be mistaken.

Sincerely,
Denville.
(03-13-2019, 12:44 PM)denville Wrote: Forgive my clumsiness, I clicked on Reply without realising I was 'in' the code section.

I am away from the office due to unforseen circumstances but will be back next week, anoyingly since you have replied so promptly.

I don't have access to my 64-bit PC but am able to remote into the 32-bit W7 box.  I first of all thought I would be clever and update XE7 from last year's IW 14 to the latest IW 15.0.17 ; this unfortunately snookered my (fabulously successful) application from last year which still builds but now just displays a blank web page.  But I will come back to that, I don't want two issues on the go and that can wait.

On my now crippled XE7 I attempted a clean new IW application first on 32-bit platform, which (although it worked fine before the update) now fails with linter errors:

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Iwstart::TIWStart::TIWStart(bool)' referenced from C:\BCB_XE\PROJECTS\IW-64BIT\IWBASICPROJECT64_1\WIN64\DEBUG\IWBASICPROJECT64_1.O

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Iwstart::TIWStart::Execute(bool)' referenced from C:\BCB_XE\PROJECTS\IW-64BIT\IWBASICPROJECT64_1\WIN64\DEBUG\IWBASICPROJECT64_1.O

and I can get no further.

On 64-bit platform I thought I would at least see if it would link, and indeed introducing the #include <tchar.h> from your code snippet did indeed allow it to get past the original error which was

[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'WinMain' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\EMBARCADERO\STUDIO\15.0\LIB\WIN64\RELEASE\C0W64.O

which looks hopeful but now it falis, just like the 32-bit, with the same two IwStart errors, presumably as a result of the upgrade issue.

Other than noting that adding the include does seem to have made a difference, I doubt there is anything of use to you here.  I'll get back as soon as I can try the unbroken XE7 on the 64-bit machine.  Thanks for your continuing interest.

Denville.

Let me see if I can understand what is happening in this case...
Hi Alexamdre - are you waiting for anything from me ?  Not sure if you saw my latest which preceeded your reply and gave detaild of the CPU trace on start-up.  I am back in the office now and able to test anything you like.

Denville.
I'm about to rebuild a new IW 15 version which is supposed to inlude this fix. After that, I'll test C++ XE7 and see how it behaves. It shouldn't take long.
Hi Denville,

please download and install IW 15.0.19: https://www.atozed.com/2019/03/intraweb-15-0-19/

After building it I ran a thorough manual test using C++ Builder XE7 in a clean test machine. It worked 100%, SA Indy, SA Http.sys, x86 and x64.

When installing it, please make sure you remove all older versions and also check if there is no old paths in your library path settings. In doubt, you can also run IWBundledRemovalTool once more (you can find it inside \Tools subfolder).

After installing it, please create a new empty project using IW Application Wizard and build it for both x86 and x64. It must build them successfully.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers
(03-25-2019, 08:38 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Denville,

please download and install IW 15.0.19: https://www.atozed.com/2019/03/intraweb-15-0-19/

After building it I ran a thorough manual test using C++ Builder XE7 in a clean test machine. It worked 100%, SA Indy, SA Http.sys, x86 and x64.

When installing it, please make sure you remove all older versions and also check if there is no old paths in your library path settings. In doubt, you can also run IWBundledRemovalTool once more (you can find it inside \Tools subfolder).

After installing it, please create a new empty project using IW Application Wizard and build it for both x86 and x64. It must build them successfully.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Thanks, will do later today or this evening.  Let you know.
Can't install the update !!!  To be more precise..

I uninstalled the previous version (15.0.17) and ran the bundled removal tool just in case (it didn't find anything to remove).  I downloaded the latest 15.0.19 from the link you sent me.  It seemed to install perfectly, correctly recognising my copy of XE7.  Ran to completion and confirmed the licence.

Fired up XE7 (CPB) - no sign, nothing in the start-up splash screen which used to display the .17 version, no IW application option.  Re-started the PC, still nothing.  Uninstalled, installed again (again apparently successful) - still nothing in XE7.

Denville.