Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW app Azure deployment problem...
Has anyone experienced and or resolved the following issue?

I am moving some IW apps into Azure and I am using the Azure load balancer to load balance across two servers.

This application is operating in our production environment in a data center.

The application is running on each Azure server under IIS on Win Server 2019.

I connect to and log in successfully from any computer on our private network.

From the public internet I connect to the IW app and the get the login screen. I enter the log in credentials and on clicking log in I get my "please wait" for a second or so and it never progresses past the log in screen.

My IW app generates the following error:
[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

Confused
Help please.

TIA
IW does not have any database code other than the binding used for bound controls. IW will never connect to a database on its own. This means that the code in question is user code.

I would suggest using logging and narrowing it down to which line of your code is doing this.
The error is generated at the point that the db connection is initiated.

I accept it may not be an IW issue.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem hopefully resolved it
Its not an error I've seen. Google has results, but only for SQL updates etc.

Is ODBC the preferred FireDAC way to connect to SQL Server? Is there not native SQL support?

I would suggest the general Delphi forums.
Thanks.

I will be posting to the Delphi FireDAC forum this week.
... problem solved thanks to the Delphi-PRAXiS user group.

There is a FireDAC component (TFDMoniFlatFileClientLink) that I forgot all about that allowed me to pin point the problem.

This maybe one for Alexandre.

In my database I log the IP addresses for all log in attempts.

When a user connects through the Azure Load Balancer, the WebApplication.IP returns the IP Address AND Port resulting in a string longer than my database field is set for.

I have used other load balancers with IW apps in the past but this is the first time I experienced this.

The easy solution was to truncate the string to exclude the Port.
Thanks for the follow up. I will have Alexandre check. I don't think IP should include the port.