Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWDBEdit with currency formatting STILL NOT WORKING
Hi there,

I'm trying to configure an IWDBEdit to display the input as a monetary value. Can anybody point me to some sample code, please?

More info:
Running C++ Builder with IW15.2.18.
IWDBEdit is using an ADOConnection.
The DB field is of type currency, of course.
WebApplication->RegionalSettings are set correctly.
Couldn't find anything on GitHub.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
This demo has an extensive example of using IWEdits for all numeric inputs

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...InputTypes
(03-05-2021, 11:33 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: This demo has an extensive example of using IWEdits for all numeric inputs

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...InputTypes

Thanks. I was thinking more of examples of DataTypeOptions.Pattern, but if that isn't needed: great.

Unfortunately, I can't input ¢ this way - even if I set FloatDP = 2 or Step = 0.01 or both (or Step = 0,01).

The decimal separator ',' is ignored during input, though it is set correctly in WebApplication->RegionalSettings.DecimalSeparator.

If I use '.' instead, type 715.95 and leave the IWDBEdit, it is changed to 715.95,00 €. After loading the DataSet it's displayed as 71595,00€.

If a value like this 715,95 € is in the database, the IWDBEdit stays blank. On a post the field is emptied.

Switching the System's Settings to English (Great Britain), doesn't help, either. Nothing smaller than £1 can be entered.
I have the same problem.

It seems that regional settings are not taken correctly.
The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
It's still not possible to input currency values correctly.
What's your status on this problem?

This is the result from input

[Image: IWDBEdit_Currency.png]

The correct decimal seperator ',' is ignored.

Best regards,
Joe