Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWGrid's Control
Add a test button. In the click event check the values using the syntax you posted above:

xCombo := TIWComboBox(Grid.Cell[x, y])

Then see if it has values you expect in that event.
I have a TIWComboBox away from TIWGrid that works. But if I set it to

Grid.Cell[ARow, norm_col(j1)+skip].Control := ComboBox;

it is blank.

(12-11-2020, 08:01 PM)kudzu Wrote: Add a test button. In the click event check the values using the syntax you posted above:

xCombo := TIWComboBox(Grid.Cell[x, y])

Then see if it has values you expect in that event.

the values are there
I am on Delphi XE7. I upgraded to IW 15.2.21. I only have 2 IW controls on the tools palette.
"the values are there"

Please reduce your code down to a single page ready to run which exhibits the behavior if you want us to look at it.

Else you have the source to the control, you can add it to your project and put a breakpoint in the rendering method to see the output live.

"I only have 2 IW controls on the tools palette. "

Check to see if they've been moved to be hidden or to another tab by using the search function. The issues you describe are not being encountered by others so something has changed the settings on your installation.
You can also right click on the palette window and select "reset palette" to see if that restores it.
[Image: 14106107a80d4398da13463dc5f91bde.png]
Not 100% what the problem is here you are having.
I made a small demo to create TIWCombobox objects on the fly when populate button is hit.
Will also clear out any objects in the grid also.

Each combobox is generated with 10 items each.
Each combobox will call an event to write the object name and selected text for it in an IW label.

Attached Files
.zip   Project1Grid.zip (Size: 10.14 KB / Downloads: 6)
(12-12-2020, 04:46 PM)kudzu Wrote: "the values are there"

Please reduce your code down to a single page ready to run which exhibits the behavior if you want us to look at it.

Else you have the source to the control, you can add it to your project and put a breakpoint in the rendering method to see the output live.

"I only have 2 IW controls on the tools palette. "

Check to see if they've been moved to be hidden or to another tab by using the search function. The issues you describe are not being encountered by others so something has changed the settings on your installation.

I desk checked my code and found a memory error
Thanks for letting us know its solved.