Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with StringArray property
With your newly attached zip I am able to reproduce the issue and am looking at it now.
I'm still working on this issue. This is not related to your issue, but as your string array was not initialized and had null references we have added support for null strings as well and this new doc topic may be of interest to you:

https://doc.atozed.com/en/ct/coding/null-strings/

This will be in the next release of CrossTalk.
Update:

I've located the bug that you've seen in your project. Its a single line issue but in a core area so I need to regression test and see what else it might affect. I've also located another corner bug while rerunning the regression tests.

So in short, found, but still working on fix.
This issue has been fixed. I will request a new build as 2.0.29.

We never saw this bug before as it only affected properties and fields of array types. Arrays in other areas such as arguments worked fine.

I have also added this to our regression tests.
Its not posted on our download page yet - we have some docs to update and some final testing but this passed all regression tests and you can try it now:

http://downloads.atozed.com/crosstalk/ct2.0.29.exe
Hello, thanks for your work.
I haven't seen yours posts as there is no notification.
I've just tested ct2.0.29 with StringArrayProject project, it seems fine. I've then tried to test it with our real 64 bits project, but I can't generate wrappers.
I can't make work either ClassGenUI64.exe nor ClassGenConsole64.exe.

ClassGenUI64.exe causes a WerFault.exe.

ClassGenConsole64.exe causes:
Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'CTClassGen, Version=2.0.29.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
at ClassGenConsole.Program.Main(String[] aArgs)
at ClassGenConsole64.Program.Main(String[] aArgs)

Even trying to launch them with no parameter fails with the same error.
This error usually occurs when the assembly you try to load is not the same format or ANY. So likely you have an x86 assembly which cannot be loaded in x86. It needs to be x64, or better yet ANY. Assemblies should be ANY except in specific circumstances, but developers often mark them x86 for no valid reason.

As it was previously marked x64 accidentally, maybe it got marked x86 now instead of ANY?
(04-09-2019, 04:06 PM)kudzu Wrote: This error usually occurs when the assembly you try to load is not the same format or ANY. So likely you have an x86 assembly which cannot be loaded in x86. It needs to be x64, or better yet ANY. Assemblies should be ANY except in specific circumstances, but developers often mark them x86 for no valid reason.

As it was previously marked x64 accidentally, maybe it got marked x86 now instead of ANY?

Yes, but as I said, even trying to launch them with no parameter fails with the same error (calling just ClassGenConsole64.exe in cmd with no parameter).
As I understand, it seems that it's CTClassGen.dll or one of its dependencies who has the wrong platform marker (or any other issue).
Sorry I misunderstood your post. I will look into this.
Try this:
http://downloads.atozed.com/crosstalk/ct2.0.30.exe