Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splash screen thread
Is there any good solution for the "Please wait..." threads with modal window or (Image) Splash screen?
I'm not clear on your question. Can you elaborate more please?
(04-17-2019, 07:19 AM)matija Wrote: Is there any good solution for the "Please wait..." threads with modal window or (Image) Splash screen?

Yes there are a lot of good solutions. 

Specifically what are you trying to accomplish?  Just want to show something (ex: legal stuff) on startup?  Want to entertain the user while you initialize things?  Other?

Dan
(04-18-2019, 06:11 AM)DanBarclay Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 07:19 AM)matija Wrote: Is there any good solution for the "Please wait..." threads with modal window or (Image) Splash screen?

Yes there are a lot of good solutions. 

Specifically what are you trying to accomplish?  Just want to show something (ex: legal stuff) on startup?  Want to entertain the user while you initialize things?  Other?

Dan

Since my reports are being generated for a very long time, I need a message for a user in the form of a splash screen or modal window. 

By clicking on the button I start generating, after the end, hide the splash screen or modal window.
You can use a timer and poll the server for completion. There is a sample of this in the demos.
As Chad said, a timer and check with the server. I think there are several demos, I'm guessing the ProgressBar demo is what you're looking for.

Dan
(04-19-2019, 04:39 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: As Chad said, a timer and check with the server.   I think there are several demos, I'm guessing the ProgressBar demo is what you're looking for.

Dan

I solved it with thread and timer. 

However: In Modal Window (ContentElement := ARegion) insert a IWRegion with IWProgressBar. I do not see this IWRegion!? Maybe because page has bootstrap HTML template.

How can create (separately) HTML template for Modal window which in IWForm who already HTML template?
Hi Matija. Put the Modal div in the same IWForm template.

PHP Code:
<body>

<div class="wrapper">

<header class="main-header">

</header>

</div><!-- /.wrapper -->

<!-- Modal -->

<div class="modal fade" id="EditModal" role="dialog" data-backdrop="false" data-keyboard="false">

<div class="modal-dialog modal-lg" role="document">

<!-- Modal content-->

<div class="modal-content">

</div><!-- /.modal-content -->

</div><!-- /.modal-dialog -->

</div><!-- /.modal -->

</body
To show/hide this modal:
Code:
Show: WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('$("#EditModal").modal("show");') ;
or
Hide: WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('$("#EditModal").modal("hide");') ;
(04-23-2019, 12:06 PM)Jose Nilton Pace Wrote: Hi Matija. Put the Modal div in the same IWForm template.

PHP Code:
<body>

<div class="wrapper">

<header class="main-header">

</header>

</div><!-- /.wrapper -->

<!-- Modal -->

<div class="modal fade" id="EditModal" role="dialog" data-backdrop="false" data-keyboard="false">

<div class="modal-dialog modal-lg" role="document">

<!-- Modal content-->

<div class="modal-content">

</div><!-- /.modal-content -->

</div><!-- /.modal-dialog -->

</div><!-- /.modal -->

</body
To show/hide this modal:
Code:
Show: WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('$("#EditModal").modal("show");') ;
or
Hide: WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecute('$("#EditModal").modal("hide");') ;

Thx, work. 

I also build progressbar in modal

<div class="progress">
            <div class="progress-bar progress-bar-info progress-bar-striped" role="progressbar"
                 aria-valuenow="30" aria-valuemin="0" aria-valuemax="100" style="width:50%">
                {%ProgressWait%}
             </div>
</div> 

Maybe: WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecuteAsCDATA('document.getElementById("aria-valuenow").value=' + ProgressValue + ' )';

Error in processAjaxExecute when evaluating: document.getElementById('aria-valuenow').value=0 Cannot set property 'value' of null

How send with javascript (change) value aria-valuenow (30)?
Hi Matija,
Jose has answered your question, but for more background (for others), more generic information...

The region used by the modal window must already exist on the form (hidden) when the modal window is activated. That is true whether the region is loaded with a template, form, or code. I'm not familiar with BS but based on Jose's comment a template sounds like the right place.

Dan