Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 to 15 asycnClick
(05-30-2021, 12:31 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:31 AM)pgnair Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 01:41 AM)pgnair Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 06:28 PM)kudzu Wrote: HTTP.sys and SA have different procedures to enable SSL.

https://blog.boxofbolts.com/ssl/windows/...d-windows/

Thank you. It is working now. Awaiting responds from the client

Client reported slowness issue on SYS mode so rollbacked to the Indy mode.

This is unexpected.

Did you test the performance yourself in your test environment?  What's the spec of the server?
Yes it was bit faster in my local machine. Production also it is first if there is only a limited amount of users. We have more than 1000 concurrent users for this application and reported slowness issue when reached 400-500 users. No such issues reported in Indy mode.

24 GB RAM
8 Core Processor
250 GB SSD
Http.sys creates 16 threads / core by default. Very likely that you need more threads to handle that number of users with 8 cores. You could try 32 or even 64 and see how it behaves.
Also, how is performance compared to previous version built with IW 14?

In case you want to change the number of threads / core, just use this:

In your DPR file, add unit to the uses clause:

IWHSysServer

Then add this line:

begin
TIWHttpSysServer.DefaultThreadsPerCore := 32; // <- Set the number of threads per core here (the default is 16)
TIWStartHSys.Execute(True);
end.
(06-01-2021, 07:33 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Http.sys creates 16 threads / core by default. Very likely that you need more threads to handle that number of users with 8 cores. You could try 32 or even 64 and see how it behaves.

IWHSysServer

Then add this line:

begin
  TIWHttpSysServer.DefaultThreadsPerCore := 32;    // <- Set the number of threads per core here (the default is 16)
end.
Thanks. I will try this and let you know the status.
it is faster than the previous version IW14.
(06-02-2021, 05:55 AM)pgnair Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 07:33 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Http.sys creates 16 threads / core by default. Very likely that you need more threads to handle that number of users with 8 cores. You could try 32 or even 64 and see how it behaves.

IWHSysServer

Then add this line:

begin
  TIWHttpSysServer.DefaultThreadsPerCore := 32;    // <- Set the number of threads per core here (the default is 16)
end.
Thanks. I will try this and let you know the status.
it is faster than the previous version IW14.
Getting the error E2361 Cannot access private symbol TIWHttpSysServer.DefaultThreadsPerCore
You are right. My bad, sorry. I just looked at the code and missed the fact that this was made private later and exposed through ServerController property.

You can set it in ServerControoller.HttpSysOptions.ThreaadsPerCore property
(06-02-2021, 06:45 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: You are right. My bad, sorry. I just looked at the code and missed the fact that this was made private later and exposed through ServerController property.

You can set it in ServerControoller.HttpSysOptions.ThreaadsPerCore property

Sorry no luck, same result. I given 64 thread per Core.
That's interesting. We have customer who migrated from Indy to Http.sys with the opposite outcome. And Http.sys is the base of ISAPI