Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWJQDBGrid and invalid pointer operation
Hi all,
I’m trying to use IWDBJQGrid without success with Delphi XE5 and IW 15.2.21.

Whenever the grid is connected to an open dataset via a datasource the application fails with an AV. The error message is “Invalid pointer operation”.
The same error happens if I run the demo project.
If I change IWJQDBGRID with IWDBGrid everithing is fine.
I’m starting to think that it may be an installation/configuration problem of my machine. However this problem happens just if I use IWJQDBGrid.

Can anyone who may have experienced something similar give me some clue to where to look?

Thanks in advance

Fabrizio
It doesnt sound like an install issue. I will have the demo checked and return to you.
(12-23-2020, 08:52 AM)Fabrizio Conti Wrote: Hi all,

Whenever the grid is connected to an open dataset via a datasource the application fails with an AV. The error message is “Invalid pointer operation”.
I’m starting to think that it may be an installation/configuration problem of my machine. However this problem happens just if I use IWJQDBGrid.

Can anyone who may have experienced something similar give me some clue to where to look?

Thanks in advance

Fabrizio

Just give me a couple of hours and I'll get back to you on this. Last time I checked, everything was working correctly, no issues.
(12-23-2020, 08:52 AM)Fabrizio Conti Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Fabrizio

I can't recreate this. The demo project works correctly in all tested scenarios.

Did you modify the demo In any way? If so, can you please attach the modified project here?

Regarding your installation: Please check the library path. See if it contains a path to any older IW version installed on your machine. If so, remove it and rebuild the app.
Hi Alexandre, thanks for your help.

Yes, I did modify the demo. The property PersistDatPacket.Data does not exists in XE5, so I had to pre-load the clientdataset from a file. I followed your example in DBLookUpCombo demo.

I also did, as you suggest, my “Christmas cleaning”. I didn’t find any link to previous Intraweb version, but I rearranged the order list of library path to make sure that Intraweb comes just after Delphi’s and before TMS. This operation seems to move the things a bit on, because I don’t have the “Invalid pointer operation” AV anymore. Still, there is an AV whenever the JQDBGrid loads the clientdataset.

Please find attached the modified demo and a simple test project showing the error.

Fabrizio

Attached Files
.zip   TEST.zip (Size: 6.47 KB / Downloads: 6)
.zip   jQGrid - modified.zip (Size: 14.31 KB / Downloads: 7)
(12-26-2020, 12:03 PM)Fabrizio Conti Wrote: The property PersistDatPacket.Data does not exists in XE5,

... and earlier versions.   Yes, this is a PITA in demos and I suggest demos not use it.

Dan
I have the same issue. As soon as I connect TIWjQDBGrid to any datasource I get an invalid pointer error. I am evaluating IW15.2.24 with XE5.
I have an application using a TIWDBgrid which works fine, but I can't manage to use the TIWjQDBGrid without EInvalidPointer error in the same application, connected to the same datasource.
I'll try your demo and see what I get. Hold on, please...