Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISAPI memory in 32 bits
Hello, we know that in a standalone application 32bits in delphi supports 2GB of memory, in ISAPI applications does this limitation exist as well? or is this limit for each session?
I believe its 4GB not 2GB for 32 bit. 32 bit is 32 bit. Without special hacky extensions, thats the limit imposed by Windows.

If you need more RAM, go 64 bit.
(07-31-2018, 11:49 AM)ronaldobim Wrote: Hello, we know that in a standalone application 32bits in delphi supports 2GB of memory, in ISAPI applications does this limitation exist as well? or is this limit for each session?

Please add this:

{$SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE}

to your DPR file. In 32-bit it will enable your application to use up to 4 Gb of RAM (not 2 Gb).

Any particular reason to avoid x64? Delphi x64 compiler is quite good in several areas, including floating point math, which makes is faster than x86 in some applications.
Hello friend, if the limit of each session was 2gb, I would not worry about migrating to 64bits because I use some third party components that I will have to check for 64 bit compatibility. Thank you
The Limit of 2gb or 4gb is for the whole application, is not per session. So you need to make sure you are not having memory leaks between your sessions.
(08-01-2018, 11:16 AM)ronaldobim Wrote: Hello friend, if the limit of each session was 2gb, I would not worry about migrating to 64bits because I use some third party components that I will have to check for 64 bit compatibility. Thank you

Unless you use some "unusual" Delphi component, I wouldn't worry much about 64-bit compatibility. AFAIK, all serious Delphi component vendors provide 64-bit compatible components nowadays...