Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWCalendar enhancements
Hello, 

When i click on a date or change moth on an IWCalendar the datachange event is triggered. But this event is synchronous and it leads to a entirely application refresh. It would be possible to have this events asynchronous? 

Thank you very much.
It is doable but it will require some refactorings on that control. I'll add this suggestion to our backlog and see how it goes.
I'll take it, thanks. 

I don't want to steal you more time but, I got question that maybe would be usefull for others... 
Wich is the best way to build an isapi application with intraweb from zero? What do you recommend?

1 Using templates
2 Using bootstrap framework by kattunga
3 Use appforms and iwcontrols as with normal delphi vcl. 

Thank you!
Hi, I'll speak for myself. I would start by compiling to http.sys instead of ISAPI.
1 - My personal choice, because I studied a little html / css / js and I have total freedom to include / customize any JS.
2 - Choose this option if you are not aware of html / css / js and want to use Bootstrap.
3 - I don't use it.
I'd also use Http.sys instead of ISAPi are Jose Pace recommended. Overall it is better than ISAPI in all aspects.

Probably I would do (1) myself using std IW controls, but (2) can give you excellent results in very little time and you don't need to get into HTML/CSS/JS yourself.

I would use (3) depending on the requirements for specific types of applications (where the functionality was important but layout and compatibility with different devices not so much)
(05-15-2021, 01:41 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I'd also use Http.sys instead of ISAPi are Jose Pace recommended. Overall it is better than ISAPI in all aspects.

Probably I would do (1) myself using std IW controls, but (2) can give you excellent results in very little time and you don't need to get into HTML/CSS/JS yourself.

I would use (3) depending on the requirements for specific types of applications (where the functionality was important but layout and compatibility with different devices not so much)

Also (3) is perfect for "data entry" type regions that need to be built on the fly based on runtime decisions.  More, they can be combined with templates by putting a logical group on a region then on the template... and other individual controls on the template.

Most important (IMHO), you can run some forms one way and other forms another.  

There are a lot of tools.  Some folks get a new hammer and everything looks like a nail, they forget everything else they've learned.   

Dan
Hi Dan,

> More, they can be combined with templates by putting a logical group on a region then on the template... and other individual controls on the template.

Exactly what I used to do in several projects. You can have an {%IWREGION%} in your template and the region itself contains several other controls that can be created/arranged at runtime. A powerful combination and very flexible way to build forms