Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiling app after license expired?
The last version of Intraweb I can use is 15.2.12 because I'm still on Delphi 10.3.1. So my license recently expired and I did not renew since I can't use the newer versions. Can I still compile my application using 15.2.12? I was able to do so until the expiration, but now I'm seeing buttons and grids in the wrong locations when I build.
You can use any build released before your license expiration date. Button locations will not be affected by your license. It will clearly tell you that your license is expired.
Put another way, your license doesn't expire.

What expires is the ability to get new versions.

Dan
I knew it probably wasn't the cause, but with all the noise about people having trouble getting Delphi 10.4.2 to upgrade, just wanted a confirmation that Atozed had not done anything crazy with their licensing. Thankfully, it appears they have not. Now to find the root cause of my wandering buttons...
(04-08-2021, 02:09 AM)davidbaxter Wrote: I knew it probably wasn't the cause, but with all the noise about people having trouble getting Delphi 10.4.2 to upgrade, just wanted a confirmation that Atozed had not done anything crazy with their licensing. Thankfully, it appears they have not. Now to find the root cause of my wandering buttons...

It wouldn't be an issue with license, but it may be an issue with compatibility.   I don't use later versions of Delphi, but some Delphi versions had "bug fix" releases which IW was modified to accommodate.  If you have that Delphi version, but not a later "bug fix" release for it, I understand that can cause incompatibility.  

As an example, as far as IW updates are concerned I can use the latest IW release and I'm using Delphi XE2!  However, if I did not have the latest release of XE2 I don't think it would work.   So, if you're caught in the Delphi subscription license hole (partial license for 10.4) I believe you can back up to a complete/full version (10.3.last) and all will be well.

Alex can give specific info on the versions you are using.

Dan
"Atozed had not done anything crazy with their licensing"

Our licensing model has not changed in over 20 years.