Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azure Load Balancer
Happy New Year to one and all.

I am using the Azure load balance with two servers on the private lan and a single public address. For the purpose of testing I have one of the IIS Servers disabled.

The same IW 15.2.21 64 bit app is installed on each server.

The public domain name is resolving correctly but I am getting the following error when called from a public internet browser:
===
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
===

I have an private lan domain name that resolves correctly and displays the login page correctly when called by both private IP and private domain name.

Both the Azure load balancer and the private lan DSN server point to the same IP and Port.

The IW application loads (starts) when called from the public internet but displays the above error.  The IIS trace logs show that it is returning a 404 when called from the Azure load balancer.

I will appreciate any and all help - particularly from anyone who have successfully deployed this scenario.  Smile

Kind regards
Hi Zane,

did you try the same app built as x86?

Also, what kind of app is that? Is it Http.sys or Indy?

Cheers,
Alexandre,

No I did not try x86 but I will.

I have tried both HSYS and ISAPI.

Kind regards
Alexandre,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tried x86 for both HSYS and ISAPI but nothing changed

Kind regards
I suggest that you try to run the same application with LogSessionEvents = True (in your ServerController)

It will create a log file containing all requests that require a session. We will probably be able to identify the one that is returning 404