Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IntraWeb 15.1.20 - Server Error with ASPX
Hello,

I'm getting the below error when deploying my IW application on IIS. Is it a confirguration issue, or simply a bug in the ASPX-dlls included in 15.1.20?

[Image: 4TDC969]
Server Error

Full stack trace:
Code:
[ArgumentException: Not a legal OleAut date.]
   System.DateTime.DoubleDateToTicks(Double value) +5360760
   IntraWeb.MainController.ProcessResponse(PacketReader aReader) +655
   IntraWeb.MainController.ProcessAppMode() +112
   IntraWeb.MainController.Index() +68
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +182
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() +28
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +49
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +58
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +228
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +49
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +24
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +99
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +44
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +16
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +55
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +16
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +45
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +25
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9871377
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +159

If possible, could the intraweb ASPX-DLL source code be made available to be able to have control over these kind of deployment errors?

Best regards,
Johan
That DLL is quite minimal in size and is a simple wrapper into the main IntraWeb libraries. We will investigate this and return to you.
This file contains a sample project (and the binary compiled 32-bit DLL, named ASPX_Test.dll)

https://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/de...PX_Test.7z

It was built and works correctly using ASPX DLLs deployed with IW 15.1.20.

Can you please test it and see what you get?

Cheers
(04-18-2020, 10:23 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: This file contains a sample project (and the binary compiled 32-bit DLL, named ASPX_Test.dll)

Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply!

That project works and runs fine. I've tracked the error down to something that happens after the default form's oncreate, but before its onrender. Any idea how to track down where the error occurs? We have the IW Delphi source code but the source code that concerns ASPX is not available for download if I'm not mistaken. I believe the error occurs when IW has passed the response to the ASPX wrapper but the stack trace isn't telling me much about which part of the response that's wrong.

When I upgraded the project to IW 15 I simply installed IW, built the project DLL, and tested it. Do I need to do something else to upgrade the project correctly?
(04-17-2020, 06:43 PM)kudzu Wrote: That DLL is quite minimal in size and is a simple wrapper into the main IntraWeb libraries. We will investigate this and return to you.

Hi, any progress on the investigation? Smile
(04-20-2020, 07:31 AM)JohBer Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 10:23 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: This file contains a sample project (and the binary compiled 32-bit DLL, named ASPX_Test.dll)

Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply!

That project works and runs fine. I've tracked the error down to something that happens after the default form's oncreate, but before its onrender. Any idea how to track down where the error occurs? We have the IW Delphi source code but the source code that concerns ASPX is not available for download if I'm not mistaken. I believe the error occurs when IW has passed the response to the ASPX wrapper but the stack trace isn't telling me much about which part of the response that's wrong.

When I upgraded the project to IW 15 I simply installed IW, built the project DLL, and tested it. Do I need to do something else to upgrade the project correctly?

I suggest you check the incoming headers and all the fields being sent to your application....
(04-24-2020, 04:38 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I suggest you check the incoming headers and all the fields being sent to your application....

Check for what exactly? Tracking the request with ServerController.OnAfterDispatch I get this. As you can see the request is handled and the ServerController reply is 200. Then when it leaves the Delphi code and is handled by the ASPX-wrapper is when we get the original Not a legal OleAut date-error.

Code:
Request:
GET /$/authenticate/
Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Cookie: ARRAffinity=30cb611841c421ca9865e15ff9883530e5700fa506c083101ca0e611c085dd20
Max-Forwards: 10
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
X-ARR-LOG-ID: c0e3386e-5492-4c8a-b8d8-7428fb5840ee
X-Forwarded-For: 212.85.72.105:63740

Response (status 200)
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Set-Cookie: IW_SDFOnLine=Y2s7yXU~4WOn2tLpRJ5swuF4rEy_1; Domain=; Path=/; Expires=Sat, 25 Apr 2020 08:47:08 GMT

Obviously something in the response makes the Intraweb's ASPX-wrapper complain. I'm at a loss about how to figure out what exactly that "something" is without more assistance or access to its source. As it is we can't use IW 15 at all. Given we have an IntraWeb Ultimate Edition license I don't see the problem with getting access to the ASPX-wrapper source, but perhaps there is a very good reason...
We are still looking into this.

Are you able to debug .NET source code with Visual Studio?

If not we could maybe add some extended logging and put it into the production build or ship you a special version to test.
Also for now - would you be able to see if a simple demo like guess deployed via ASPX has the same error? This will help to determine if it is app specific, or something specific to IIS or server settings.
Hello, thanks for your response!

I tested with the sample Alexandre sent me. Indeed it works without issue, so it's most likely something in the response specific to our application that IW 15 complains at but IW 14 was fine with. Tracking down what exactly that is has proved difficult, so if you could provide the .NET source code for the wrapper (as I think you are suggesting) that would be very helpful. We work with .NET too so debugging shouldn't be an issue.