Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate License Key found
I am migrating all development tools from an old computer to a new computer.  All tools are licensed legally.  On the new computer I have Delphi XE3 and XE7.  I have installed IntraWeb 12x on the XE3 and installed Intraweb 14x on the XE7, using two different licenses.  One license was for the 12 and a different license for the 14.  On the new machine I originally installed IntraWeb 14 on both the XE3 and XE7, but found I had to revert to IntraWeb 12 on the XE3 because of a subsequent CGDevTools component package install that only supported IntraWeb 12x.  I used the Uninstall feature from Windows Control Panel to do the uninstall of both IntraWeb 12 and 14, then I ran the Bundled Removal Tool just to ensure everything was cleaned up, then I re-installed IntraWeb 12 only for the XE3 (using the "ultimate" license for the 12) and reinstalled Intraweb 14x ("ultimate" license for the 14) for the XE7.  When I start Delphi XE7 I get the following error message when IntraWeb .bpl is being loaded:

IntraWeb 14.0.40
Loading Package dclIntraweb_14_DXE7.bpl

[Window Title]
Delphi XE7

[Content]
Duplicate License Key found. The same license key is used on 192.168.1.74. Please install a separate license

[OK]

How do I get the proper license key into my IntraWeb installs so that they work for both the IntraWeb 12 and 14?   I have legal licenses for everything, and once the new development environment is working, I will be decommissioning the old computer.  I will not be violating the license agreements.
Is 192.168.1.74 you also? Or is 14 seeing the other 12 on the same machine?

IW is license per DEV, not per machine. However you can typically only use it on one machine at a time but can have it installed on more than one machine at a time so long as you are the only dev who uses IW on that machine.

I assume you want XE2+12 and XE7+14?
(09-24-2019, 04:20 PM)kudzu Wrote: Is 192.168.1.74 you also? Or is 14 seeing the other 12 on the same machine?

IW is license per DEV, not per machine. However you can typically only use it on one machine at a time but can have it installed on more than one machine at a time so long as you are the only dev who uses IW on that machine.

I assume you want XE2+12 and XE7+14?

Oooohhhh.  My new PC is .71    and      .74 is my old PC   

My end goal is to have XE3+IW12   and   XE7+IW14;

So I now understand that somehow the IntraWeb licensing software on my new PC is "talking" to the IntraWeb licensing software on my old PC.

I have three computers that I use.  Two old ones, and one new one.  I'm trying to move all my dev activities to my one new computer.

So I guess my questions are these:

If I merely power down my old computers, will that enable the IntraWeb(s) installed on my new machine to work?  (Actually I can't do that for one of them bc it's being used to receive scans from an old scanner.)

Ok, next question:  How do I allow my new PC to have IntraWeb working on all my Delphi installs? What are my options?  My plan was to do what in the electrical industry is called a "make before break" which means I wanted to ensure that my new PC is all set up and working before uninstalling or trashing my old computer(s).

And as mentioned, in one  case, the computer will still be in use, so ... do I use Control Panel to do an Uninstall on that one?

I will gladly do what ever uninstall steps you require of me, but I'd like to ensure my new PC is set up and can load and properly compile the old IntraWeb projects correctly.

Thanks for your help.
"If I merely power down my old computers"

You dont even need to do that. Its only an issue when you have Delphi + IW loaded in memory on two PCs at the same time. So just dont load Delphi on both at the same time, or remove IW from one if you want to run both at the same time.

For the new PC, just install IW12 but select XE3 only, and install IW14 but select XE7 only.

You may also consider using VMs as you can just copy them from one PC to another when you get a new PC. It saves a lot of time, and not only because of IW but Delphi which is a big bear at times to wrestle with because of the service packs and their licensing uses activation.
(09-24-2019, 09:49 PM)kudzu Wrote: "If I merely power down my old computers"

You dont even need to do that. Its only an issue when you have Delphi + IW loaded in memory on two PCs at the same time. So just dont load Delphi on both at the same time, or remove IW from one if you want to run both at the same time.

For the new PC, just install IW12 but select XE3 only, and install IW14 but select XE7 only.

You may also consider using VMs as you can just copy them from one PC to another when you get a new PC. It saves a lot of time, and not only because of IW but Delphi which is a big bear at times to wrestle with because of the service packs and their licensing uses activation.

Thanks Kudzu.  You say "or remove IW from one "   ... what is the *proper* way to remove IW from a Delphi install?
Run the IW uninstaller, or if its the bundled version use the Delphi installer to remove the component.
Hi Kudzu, what or where is the "IW Uninstaller"? Is it a separate .exe I have to download from somewhere? I don't see anything like that on my PC. I know about the IWBundledRemovalTool.zip. I have downloaded that and have run it. But I don't see anything named "IW Uninstaller" (or anything similar). Thanks in advance.
I'm sure he's referring to the Bundled Removal Tool. There's a download link on the page.
https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/bundled/removal-tool/

Basically you "uninstall" through Delphi removal and Windows uninstall then run the tool to clean up.

That's the way to get it all out but, as he said, you probably don't need to do that.

Dan