Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session should be expired
Hallo,
when a user of my IW application exits the browser I know that, after 20 minutes, the user usersession is destroyed. In my personal log I see that DM is freed etc.

Your Session Log viewer shows:
Created at: 07/09/2019 11:42:44

Destroyed at: The session was still active when this file was last written to.
Remote IP address: 37.159.85.203
Browser name: Chrome Mobile
Browser user agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; BAH-L09) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36
Duration: 1 day 21 hours 40 seconds
Request count: 47
Last Access: 07/09/2019 11:46:51
This session should be expired!

After this event, new sessions are created but not started ulnti servive is terminated ans started.
For every new Your  Session Log Wiewer shows:
Created at: 07/09/2019 18:44:12
Destroyed at: The session was still active when this file was last written to.
Remote IP address: 188.216.208.23
Browser name: Chrome Mobile
Browser user agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.1.0; SM-T585) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36
Duration: 1 day 13 hours 59 minutes 11 seconds
Request count: 1
Last Access: 07/09/2019 18:44:12
This session should be expired!

Only one event ( "Created") is whowed for the session

I am using IW 15.1.4 and dont kow if this was happening in IW 14...

Can you suggest me on what to ckeck or how can I solve this problem?
Thank you for your time.
Best regards.
Oronzo Conte
The session cleanup thread won't destroy the session if it is still locked (for any reason, including your own code or 3rd party's code).

Do you have any other frameworks (TMS or CG Dev Tools) in this application?

What's the request which created the session and why there is no other request following it? Under normal circumstances there will be multiple requests when a session start, not a single one, unless it was not handled by a real browser (a bot, search engine or some attack attempt might also cause it)
Many thanks for Your answer.
I have no explicit lock on sessions. The fact is that users are not vary appy to use an application that checks their full activity. I do not kow wat happens about the need to restart the service.
If you have no other suggestion about, please consider this post as closed.
Thank you very much again
"The fact is that users are not vary appy to use an application that checks their full activity"

I am not sure what you are referring to, but there is nothing in IW that does any sort of thing.
Is there a way to manually unlock the current session, so it can be destroyed?
Best regards
IW does not keep sessions locked in the way you describe.

Your own code can keep a session alive artificially via pings or other activity, or can prevent it from properly shutting down during destruction.

You can test something simple like Guess to see that sessions are disposed of after time out or when manually marked for disposal.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Where can I find a sample about shutting down or Guess ?
I saw your answer only now, but I think is very useful for me.
Thank you again for your time.
Guess is one of our simplest demos. My point was you can monitor its sessions the same way you are doing now in your app.

IW will NOT keep locks on sessions. There is something in your code locking sessions if they are becoming stuck.

Most likely something in your code is interfering or blocking during session or thread shut down.
I will deepen and study the topic over the weekend.
Best regards.