Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW 15.1.2 is out
(08-01-2019, 09:07 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 08:26 AM)tonzizhou Wrote: Dear,

I need recompile dclIntraweb_15_D10_3.dpk, The documents provided are incomplete in iw15.1.2.exe.

IWDsnFrmServerControllerOptions [ImplicitUnit]
  PEStamp
  IWDsnWizard
  IWDsnControlAbout
  IWDsnFrmAbout
  IWRegister
  IWDsnServerControllerOptions [ImplicitUnit]
  IWDsnTestWizard
  IWDsnFrameWizard
  IWDsnFormWizard
  IWDsnAppWizForm
  IWDsnVersionCheckerForm
  IWDsnKeyValueEditor
  IWDsnTreeView
  IWDsnDesignerDestroyer
  IWDsnColor
  IWDsnColorDialog
  IWDsnScriptEvents
  IWDsnTabControl
  IWDsnIDEMenu
  IWDsnFormWebsite
  IWDsnPaintHandlers
  IWDsnPaint
  IWDsnStrListVisualizer
  IWDsnRequestVisualizer

Can you send complete .exe file to me ,thk

You won't be able to rebuild IW design time packages. What is exactly the reason why you want to rebuild them?

(08-01-2019, 04:36 PM)kudzu Wrote: We have never shipped all of the DESIGN time units.

Again, as Alexandre asked:
"What is exactly the reason why you want to rebuild them? "

Users should never need to recompile the design time package.

I just need to automatically create some forms at design time, so I need a complete design-time files.
(08-01-2019, 09:06 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
Quote:Howdy Alexandre!

The problems I had with 15.1.1 with the bootstrap 4 are still the same - that is, after my page renders, it just keeps the IWLocker spending. When I exit, I get all kinds of EAccessErrors.

I need to go back to IW 15.0.24 for now and I will see if I can narrow down the issues when I can (I have a lot of work I need to get done by Labor Day).

All the best,

Shane

Hi Shane,

I suggest you that you turn developer tools on, in your browser, and copy the error message from the console (I'm 100% sure that there must be something there), and send a report to us, otherwise there is no way to help you out...

Howdy Alexandre!

I decided to just create a SIMPLE new blank IWForm and add a single IWBS4Region and set the type to container.

I set the caption and compiled / ran.

Same results as my program - the page renders and then the IWLocker stays on.

There is no console errors, etc.

I have no idea other than going back to 15.0.24 at the moment.

I will wait and see your response before I do it.

All the best,

Shane
I installed 15.1.2 not realizing you expect everyone to have the money to get Rio 10.3.2. It gave several error messages as you might expect. I tried then to install 15.1.0 which, I believe, still works with 10.3.1. There were no error messages, but there also are no components in the IDE! The tabs for the components are there, but they are blank.
How do I recover and get IntraWeb working again?
Thank you.
"I installed 15.1.2 not realizing you expect everyone to have the money to get Rio 10.3.2"

This is not our issue. This is EMBT's issue. 10.3.2 is dcu but not bpl compat. We have to rebuild. If you have an issue, please talk to EMBT about them breaking bpl compat while claiming bin compat. Doing so is a bit misleading. But let me warn you, they will just say you should have software assurance.

Do you suggest we build for 10.3.1 as well as 10.3.2? In addition to the 40 or so other combinations we already build for? Installing 10.3.1 and .2 on the same machine would be an unsupported possibly unstable hack to do to our build machine. Not to mention the support issues as we would have to support both versions in debugging as well.

As for getting what you have working -
1) Run IW uninstall
2) Run the cleaning tool on our download page.
3) Install the version you want again.
You are right. Perhaps my vitriol was aimed at the wrong place. They seem to be trying to drive everyone to Lazarus.
I did as you suggested if the 'cleaning tool' is the 'Bundled Removal tool'. If there was another cleaner on the download page I missed it, sorry. The result, unfortunately, was the same: no error messages and no components.
Thank you.

Edit: All is well (I think). After the install, I had to go into Component > Install Packages and check the IW design package lines. Used to having that already checked by an install, I guess.
(08-03-2019, 04:28 AM)davidbaxter Wrote: I installed 15.1.2 not realizing you expect everyone to have the money to get Rio 10.3.2. It gave several error messages as you might expect. I tried then to install 15.1.0 which, I believe, still works with 10.3.1. There were no error messages, but there also are no components in the IDE! The tabs for the components are there, but they are blank.
How do I recover and get IntraWeb working again?
Thank you.

As Chad mentioned, it is not possible to have Delphi 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 on the same machine. Not even hacking it in any way you could imagine, it is impossible.
We only support Delphi IDEs with all updates. There is no other possible way to deal with it.

I decided to just create a SIMPLE new blank IWForm and add a single IWBS4Region and set the type to container.

All the best,

Shane

Regarding IWBS4: I found a couple of issues which could cause loading to fail and they are fixed now.

Do you have a working demo created with 15.0.24 which correctly loads styles and all required files?

I'd like to test it here using 15.1 branch. Organization of required files in IWBS4 is far from optimal, IMO.

Cheers
(08-04-2019, 09:53 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:

All the best,

Shane

Regarding IWBS4: I found a couple of issues which could cause loading to fail and they are fixed now.

Do you have a working demo created with 15.0.24 which correctly loads styles and all required files?

I'd like to test it here using 15.1 branch. Organization of required files in IWBS4 is far from optimal, IMO.

Cheers

Howdy Alexandre!

I can create you a small application in 15.0.24 if needed.

With Rad Studio 10.2.3, even the simplest IWBS4 test app behaves what I have described.

As far as organization of BS4, I agree. The few modifications I personally made I just followed the convention handled down. 

I appreciate your efforts in helping me get this resolved.

All the best,

Shane
Check this out.... EMBT is "fixing" the problem:

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2019-aug...patch.html
Sorry if this shows my ignorance - is the very recent Embarcadaro RS10.3.2_Runtime patch designed to install on my Rio 10.3.1 system so that I can now install your 15.1.2? Or does it just change 10.3.2 as it's name implies such that you would have had to do less work in 15.1.2 and 15.1.3 to get them ready? The Marco blog was unclear to me about this.
Thank you.