Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log out and "forget" authentication
I have a logout button in my application that terminates the session but as the browser seems to buffer the authentication, it logs in again immediately.

Is there a way to force the basic auth mechanism to come up again without closing the browser?

Thanks Michael
(06-10-2018, 06:23 PM)mschumann Wrote: I have a logout button in my application that terminates the session but as the browser seems to buffer the authentication, it logs in again immediately.

Is there a way to force the basic auth mechanism to come up again without closing the browser?

Thanks Michael

How do you terminate it? When you logout where do you redirect your users to?
I do not redirect at all, I just terminate the session. What I would like to achieve ist the user to require a fresh login.

If this is not doable with basic authentication I will create my own login mechanism and clear the credentials. Using the auther component is just very comforable.
(06-12-2018, 05:54 AM)mschumann Wrote: I do not redirect at all, I just terminate the session. What I would like to achieve ist the user to require a fresh login.

If this is not doable with basic authentication I will create my own login mechanism and clear the credentials. Using the auther component is just very comforable.

How are your users restarting the session?  Are you allowing multiple sessions on the workstation? (AllowMultipleSessions:=true?).

Instead of just .Terminate, use .TerminateAndRedirect(myURL) to get them to a neutral (not IWForm) page.  That should keep your (now signed off) IWForm from accessing the session.

If they are accessing it another way (like a shortcut), you might try killing/overwriting the session cookie when you log them off which will remove the session reference.  That's an idea that should work, but I haven't tried it.

Knowing how your sessions are managed, and how your users are restarting, would help.

Dan