Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IntraWeb in Lazarus - First Blood Part II
Runtime support for Lazarus is 100% ready.

Design time support is coming together  nicely

Santa Claus is coming  Tongue
(12-15-2023, 09:34 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Runtime support for Lazarus is 100% ready.

Design time support is coming together  nicely

Santa Claus is coming  Tongue

This is exciting news.  I have been away from my Intraweb project and getting back to it.  I need to renew my subscription!  Will the allow building on Linux for native deployment there?  I have 2 apps built with  IW15 and  CGDevtools JQ components on windows.  Having a Linux option is huge for me, though really like the jquery components. 
  - Lou
Hi Lou,

I'm glad to hear from you :-)

The first version will be Windows only, meaning that you can build in Lazarus but the targets will need to be either Win32 or Win64.
But, the Linux version will be next on our roadmap. The hard work is already done. Most core stuff works both in Windows and Linux (as long as we use FPC), except the Http.sys application type.
(12-21-2023, 06:11 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Lou,

I'm glad to hear from you :-)

The first version will be Windows only, meaning that you can build in Lazarus but the targets will need to be either Win32 or Win64.
But, the Linux version will be next on our roadmap. The hard work is already done. Most core stuff works both in Windows and Linux (as long as we use FPC), except the Http.sys application type.

Sounds good.  I will be sure to get an app working on windows with Laz/FPC.  On Linux need to be able to run app as a service is key,  but  this is very existing for sure!

Keep up the great work!

- Lou
Hello!

New to IW and have a project planned and want to use Lazarus for as much as I can. Is there an estimated timeframe for when we can use Lazarus for
IW development?

/Ronny