Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google ReCaptcha (or something similiar)!
(06-29-2022, 04:09 PM)ShaneStump Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 03:45 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I'm curious to know how newer versions of IW break your application, though.

Howdy Alexandre,

If you search the forum, you will see several times IW has been "optimized" / "refactored" and it has caused issues for me

Yes, that's true. The web has changed a lot in 20 years and without deep changes/refactoring we would be still rendering HTML 3.2 and using CGI applications  Big Grin

All the best
(06-29-2022, 09:35 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 04:09 PM)ShaneStump Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 03:45 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I'm curious to know how newer versions of IW break your application, though.

Howdy Alexandre,

If you search the forum, you will see several times IW has been "optimized" / "refactored" and it has caused issues for me

Yes, that's true. The web has changed a lot in 20 years and without deep changes/refactoring we would be still rendering HTML 3.2 and using CGI applications  Big Grin

All the best

For me, the Bootstrap 4 components (even in the limited #) have been my BEST experience using IW. I redid my web reservation system with them (3rd redesign and finished in late 2018).  Considering I have done very little with my web app in the past 3.5 years and the fact it still looks / functions well responsively, I am very happy.

And as soon as it is put to bed, I am looking forward to doing cross-platform development in MAUI (spent last year trying FireMonkey and what a POS)!

All the best and thanks for the GREAT support over the years!

Shane