Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAD Studio10.4.2 IDE doesn’t load IW15.2.29 Evaluation
This problem seems as this thread: Missing entry point in IW15.2.17 (atozed.com) with the latest RAD Studio 10.4.2 and IntraWeb 15.2.29 after IWBundleRemovalTool.exe run. 

Error messages: Six *.bpl files won’t load from C:\Users\Ordi\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl\ (files kept on SSD and MS OneDrive cloud; IntraWeb default installation without memory managers selected; RAD Studio installed on a second SSD). No license. No IW components. 

Thank you for your help.
If you executed IWBundledRemovalTool and the packages aren't loading, please run IW installer again, use the same settings, but this time doesn't execute IWBundledRemovalTool (you don't need to execute it more than once).

It should install and load correctly. IW 15.2.29 is built with latest RAD Studio 10.4.2 + all hot fixes.

Please let me know how it goes
Not well Alexandre, IW install again didn't change anything. The middle line "Le module spécifié est introuvable" in each of six error messages, meaning *.bpl files can't be found when RAD Studio tries to load IW, is still displayed.

OneDrive settings were changed to remove «Documents» automatically saved to MS cloud. IW Bundled Removal Tool, RevoUninstaller Pro and CCleaner Pro (registry was already clean) were executed before another IW 15.2.29 install.

Result: Somehow, *.bpl files installed again using OneDrive folder as above, RAD Studio doesn't load IW, but no error messages are displayed.
OneDrive is a special folder. I strongly advise against putting your binary files there. Windows already has special restrictions on network drives for such and Im sure there will be issues at some point from OneDrive as well.
As far as I know, only six *.bpl files are on OneDrive in C:\Users\Ordi\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl\. I'm unable to change this path when IW is installed unless, hopefully, OneDrive is removed from my PC. (Files remain on the PC.)

My last install trial is in D:\Intraweb\Intraweb 15\ but the same path for *.bpl files. For now, unable to bypass MS OneDrive in order to use C:\Users\Ordi\Documents instead. RAD Studio doesn't complain about bpl files anymore and doesn't load IntraWeb.

Does anyone else use IntraWeb and Microsoft OneDrive without problems? 

Kudzu, if the bpl file path in the folder ...\Users\Ordi\Documents\... was a problem when OneDrive is also installed (becomes ...\Users\Ordi\OneDrive\Documents\...), would it be an option to change their path at installations?
IntraWeb setup installs all BPL files into the folder that Delphi itself sets as the common BPL folder.

To check what this folder is, please follow these steps:

Find a file named rsvars.bat inside your Delphi\bin folder.

Inside that file, find what is the value of the environment variable named BDSCOMMONDIR, example:

@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0

This is where IntraWeb setup will copy the BPL files to. This is the *correct* path to install them  (regardless of whether it works or not).

This folder *must* be in your System *PATH* environment variable. Probably in your case it is not. Please check that. If it's not in your system PATH variable, please include it and try again.
No success to install latest iw15.2.30 version but thank you very much to inform me about rsvars.bat batch file which needed cleaning.

From rsvars.bat (executed as administrator)

REM @SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Ordi\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0
@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0

@SET PATH=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBase2020\IDE_spoof;D:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin;D:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero \Studio\21.0\bin64;D:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\cmake;%FrameworkDir%;%FrameworkSDKDir%;C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jre-8.0.212.03-hotspot\bin;C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.242.08-hotspot\bin;C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK \jre-11.0.3.7-hotspot\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Users\Ordi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;D:\Program Files (x86)\Raize\CS5\Deploy\Win32;%PATH%

Environment variables:

Path    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl; ... (RAD Studio IDE)

PATH    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0; ... (Windows system PATH)

Still, six bpl files installed in OneDrive. No error message, no component loaded in IDE.

Whether Microsoft OneDrive open or close, Bpl files always installed on C:\Users\Ordi\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl despite BDSCOMMONDIR redefined, clean Paths and Directories for Delphi and C++ (Tools|Options|Language) and readjustments.
I suggest you remove the commented line from the rsvars.bat file altogether (or move it to line 2 instead of line 1). The setup program just parses the file (doesn't execute it) looking for BDSCOMMONDIR value (so REM won't actually disable the parser).

After that, installation of IntraWeb must install all BPL files into

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0

folder
Yes and happily, RAD Studio loads IntraWeb and its components into the IDE's Palette.

Bpl files installed where intended and my comments (REMs) in rsvars.bat placed in a rsvars.txt text file. OneDrive is being reconsidered, because of its extensive Documents folder redefinition, before next RAD Studio version install. And I've learned throughout this case (rsvars.bat & Tools|Options).

Thousand thanks for your precise support.
Great news! I'm glad that it finally worked :-)

This is the first time someone reports any install issues due to some unexpected config in rsvars.bat file...