Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
identity server integration with IW app
I am working on an identity server integration with IW.

I need to receive a http post from the identity server back to IW after the identity server has validated the username and password.

What is the best way to receive this post?   Through a TContentHandler?
Yes content handlers are the method to use.
Joel,

As Chad said, it sounds like you need content handlers. That is, I'm assuming I understand you right that the ID server will post a message to the IW server. The demo you need to look at is the CustomContentHandler, which accepts a message and returns a response (xml).

But, I'm wondering if I understand your need correctly. Are you really trying to post info to the ID server and get a response back from that ID server? If so, that's different unless the ID server is also IW.

Dan
(06-25-2020, 10:11 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Joel,

As Chad said, it sounds like you need content handlers.  That is, I'm assuming I understand you right that the ID server will post a message to the IW server.  The demo you need to look at is the CustomContentHandler, which accepts a message and returns a response (xml).

But, I'm wondering if I understand your need correctly.  Are you really trying to post info to the ID server and get a response back from that ID server?  If so, that's different unless the ID server is also IW.

Dan

Thanks.   It is a C# identity server on Azure which uses IdentityModel using OAuth 2.0 and OpenId.

The flow is basically:

1. Redirect to the identity server from the IW application when a user tries to access the IW login page.
2. The User Logs into the Identity Server with their username and password at which point they are redirected back to the IW app through the content handler.
3. With the post information received from the identity server I will call some Identitymodel methods using .net through cross talk using async.
4. If the response is good from the last call then I will automatically log the user into the IW portal.

The flow may change as I fully under stand the process more, but for now this is path I am starting down.
Thanks for the clarification.

I pictured the IW session requesting a confirmation of authentication from the identity server, which is the reverse of what you describe.

If you put something in the content handler confirming the startup request came from the identity server it sounds like your method should work with TContentHandler.

I haven't used Azure or IdentityModel, which probably makes me out of date but always willing to learn.

Dan