Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15.1.10->15.2.0 #@!
Howdy Alexandre!

I finally tried to move my app from 15.1.10 to 15.2.0 and several things in my application no longer work (BS4).

I decided to try 15.1.22 and all is working well again.

In 15.2.0 in my ServerController, I added the RenderAsyncEnabled = False and it made no difference.

Anything in particular I should try?

Shane
OK, something weird for me too. I outsmarted myself by trying to update IW as I had an app torn apart so I've been thinking I shot my own self in the foot. I was ending up with an access violation, breaking at the first statement of TIWBaseComponentImplementation.DoFreeNotification. It's a complex app so I'll probably just pull some code back out of SVN to backtrack.

So, I took a break to try and learn more about bootstrap. I ran the IWBSDemo app. If I create the form, then exit the (IW custom server), I get an access violation at the first statement of TIWContainerImplementation.get_IWComponentsCount. I found that I don't need to do anything with the launched browser, just let it start then exit the app.

IW 15.2.0 with XE2. I'm running IW with sources.

I tried with and without IWServerControllerBaseCreate of:
JavaScriptOptions.RenderjQuery:= False;
RenderAsyncEnabled:= False;

I haven't tried to run from the libs (without sources) nor have I tried to go back versions or re-install. Hope to get to that soon but have a couple of other things I need to get behind me. Lots of lose parts on my end but thought I'd mention it in this thread in case there is something useful.

Dan
(06-03-2020, 06:03 PM)ShaneStump Wrote: Howdy Alexandre!

I finally tried to move my app from 15.1.10 to 15.2.0 and several things in my application no longer work (BS4).

I decided to try 15.1.22 and all is working well again.

In 15.2.0 in my ServerController, I added the RenderAsyncEnabled = False and it made no difference.

Anything in particular I should try?

Shane

Can you give me one example of something that doesn't work?
(06-03-2020, 11:27 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: OK, something weird for me too.  I outsmarted myself by trying to update IW as I had an app torn apart so I've been thinking I shot my own self in the foot.  I was ending up with an access violation, breaking at the first statement of TIWBaseComponentImplementation.DoFreeNotification.  It's a complex app so I'll probably just pull some code back out of SVN to backtrack.

So, I took a break to try and learn more about bootstrap.  I ran the IWBSDemo app.  If I create the form, then exit the (IW custom server), I get an access violation at the first statement of TIWContainerImplementation.get_IWComponentsCount.  I found that I don't need to do anything with the launched browser, just let it start then exit the app.

IW 15.2.0 with XE2.  I'm running IW with sources.

I tried with and without  IWServerControllerBaseCreate of:

I haven't tried to run from the libs (without sources) nor have I tried to go back versions or re-install.  Hope to get to that soon but have a couple of other things I need to get behind me.  Lots of lose parts on my end but thought I'd mention it in this thread in case there is something useful.

Dan

Please try new update 15.2.1 which fixes a case where an AV occurs because of FreeNotification.
(06-04-2020, 11:03 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 11:27 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: OK, something weird for me too.  I outsmarted myself by trying to update IW as I had an app torn apart so I've been thinking I shot my own self in the foot.  I was ending up with an access violation, breaking at the first statement of TIWBaseComponentImplementation.DoFreeNotification.  It's a complex app so I'll probably just pull some code back out of SVN to backtrack.

So, I took a break to try and learn more about bootstrap.  I ran the IWBSDemo app.  If I create the form, then exit the (IW custom server), I get an access violation at the first statement of TIWContainerImplementation.get_IWComponentsCount.  I found that I don't need to do anything with the launched browser, just let it start then exit the app.

I haven't tried to run from the libs (without sources) nor have I tried to go back versions or re-install.  Hope to get to that soon but have a couple of other things I need to get behind me.  Lots of lose parts on my end but thought I'd mention it in this thread in case there is something useful.

Dan

Please try new update 15.2.1 which fixes a case where an AV occurs because of FreeNotification.

Howdy Alexandre!

I will try out 15.2.1 tomorrow as I am taking today off.

If I still have issues, I will revert to 15.1.22 until I get a time sensitive update of my software released (hopefully next week) and then I will investigate.

Thanks for the reply,

Shane
(06-04-2020, 11:03 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:

Dan

Poof, like magic!  All working now, thanks!

It took care of what was going on in my own app as well, apparently trouble cleaning up a form before loading the new one.  Now, if it had only eliminated the memory leaks (of my own design<g>) that I was already working on...  LOL

I'm really looking forward to spending more time on the async form changes.  I haven't looked at it yet but it sounds like I'll be able to completely encapsulate the collection of modal dialogs I have.  I currently have to make sure those are all in the initial form loadout on every form I might want to call them from.  That will be a nice deletion party.

Dan
(06-04-2020, 07:31 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Poof, like magic!  All working now, thanks!

It took care of what was going on in my own app as well, apparently trouble cleaning up a form before loading the new one.  Now, if it had only eliminated the memory leaks (of my own design<g>) that I was already working on...  LOL

I'm really looking forward to spending more time on the async form changes.  I haven't looked at it yet but it sounds like I'll be able to completely encapsulate the collection of modal dialogs I have.  I currently have to make sure those are all in the initial form loadout on every form I might want to call them from.  That will be a nice deletion party.

Dan

Thanks for the update, Dan!

I spent the whole week fixing and fine tuning async rendering for some complex scenarios where multiple frames are created/destroyed during Async events and it is looking really good in this release. Every test case that I tried worked flawlessly.

Please let me know if you need any information.

Cheers,