Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWDBGrid with fixed row headers
Hi There

I have XE2 and IntraWeb 12.2.37.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking for a way to freeze the header row on my TIWDBGrid when scrolling, to no avail.

There are various CSS-based solutions out there, but they all depend on the <thead> and/or <tbody> tags, which this version of IntraWeb does not produce for the table syntax. I do believe it was introduced in a later version.

Question: Is there a way to modify the output HTML stream, so I can manually insert these tags in the appropriate place? Are there any other solutions, perhaps?

I have also tried overlaying 2 grids, but it is not an elegant solution.

I thank you!
Is there an option to upgrade to the latest IW15? I use XE2 as well, works well with the latest IW.

As for using brute force on that, it's been a long time since I fooled with it but you can get a shot at the html with the Render events (ex ...RenderCell() and friends). I'm not sure how that works in IW12 but you may want to play around with it.

You may be able to get to it with the form.OnRender() event. Sorry, I don't have an example of that but you may want to take a look or search the forum and sample code.

Dan
(03-26-2020, 07:07 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Is there an option to upgrade to the latest IW15?  I use XE2 as well, works well with the latest IW.

As for using brute force on that, it's been a long time since I fooled with it but you can get a shot at the html with the Render events (ex ...RenderCell() and friends).  I'm not sure how that works in IW12 but you may want to play around with it.

You may be able to get to it with the form.OnRender() event.  Sorry, I don't have an example of that but you may want to take a look or search the forum and sample code.

Dan

Hi Dan

Thanks for the pointers, I tried plugging into most of the events, but no success.

I think ultimately we'll have to get IW15.

Stay safe.
Hello i've been working with intraweb 15, updated to latest version, and altough it renders fine for tiwgrid and you can apply to both css styles and javascript, It still doesn't work for tiwdbgrid even if is tiwgrid descendant.