Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traceing in Delphi
Hello, I have difficulties with tracing my source code in Delphi. Every time I want to trace  compiler stops not on demanding line but somewhere on other place in source code, very often on blank line. It is very unpleasant and makes me sometimes confusion .This happens after using units which are parts of original package Intraweb. I have Delphi 10.2 and now  and Intraweb 15.1.17 Ultimate Edition. Maybe is problem to have both installation as like as for Delphi XE and Delphi Tokyo on my computer ?
Thank you very much
Jaroslav , petrsoft
(03-25-2020, 07:04 AM)petrsoft Wrote: Hello, I have difficulties with tracing my source code in Delphi. Every time I want to trace  compiler stops not on demanding line but somewhere on other place in source code, very often on blank line. It is very unpleasant and makes me sometimes confusion .This happens after using units which are parts of original package Intraweb. I have Delphi 10.2 and now  and Intraweb 15.1.17 Ultimate Edition. Maybe is problem to have both installation as like as for Delphi XE and Delphi Tokyo on my computer ?
Thank you very much
Jaroslav , petrsoft
I had a similar problem with Delphi some time back, but not with IW code.

In my case the problem was that I had more than one copy of a source unit, one in a testing/hack directory and another in a library directory.  That was XE2, but I'd bet Delphi will still do that in later versions.

So, on the units that this appears you might want to search for multiple .pas and .dcu files in your app or library paths.

Dan