Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual Delphi Bundled Registration
I have tried to run the app you provide for getting a Delphi Ent Bundled Intraweb registration but my computer is locked down and won't let me.

It seems to need some sort of code or information from the local Delphi Installation that if I don't run it on the Delphi computer, it can't see.

Is there a manual workaround? Huh
If your dev computer is locked down so far that it restricts this, you are not going to have a productive time developing in Delphi web or not.

I will ask the person responsible to see if there is a way but it needs to read some basic info. In the 20 or so years we've been issuing these keys there has never been such a report so I really am concerned how far down that your admins have locked what is supposed to be a development machine.
As I am just starting with Intraweb, I can't speak for sure but I have been able to successfully compile and debug an Intraweb app within Delphi. It is very basic still but should accelerate quickly. I have been a Delphi developer from the very beginning and that environment works fine for me. I am still trying to find a work around also.
(01-22-2020, 01:11 PM)jack.k.rappold.civ@mail.mil Wrote: I have tried to run the app you provide for getting a Delphi Ent Bundled Intraweb registration but my computer is locked down and won't let me.

It seems to need some sort of code or information from the local Delphi Installation that if I don't run it on the Delphi computer, it can't see.

Is there a manual workaround? Huh

What do you mean by "locked down"? How do you expect to create any applications with it like that?
By locked down, I mean that the government has turned on the Windows app blocking to insure users cannot download apps and then have them run without first being approved and whitelisted. You may not know this but Windows knows when something is downloaded versus built on a pc and marks the file so. By turning on certain windows features they can block all downloaded exe files to minimize infections.

However, I have been developing Pascal/Delphi applications for almost 30 years and really don't have problems doing that. The compiled applications run fine.

At this point though it doesn't matter. My local support was able to temporarily turn off the security and I have been able to run the bundled key application.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the follow up. I understand now better what you meant by locked down. I thought they had you as a non admin on your own machine which some IT departments try (and fail) to keep as a process.