Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Render Issue
Seattle10
Intraweb 14.2.5
FastReports 5.0
TMS Intraweb PRO Components
Raize 6.2.1

My project has been deployed on the server. However after submission or at page render the focus does not always return to its position. It goes to the top of page or elsewhere. I am not always able to use the setfocus command as its unavailable depending on the object.
Hi,

you mean that the page has been scrolled to some position Y before submitting and when rendered again it doesn't go back to the old position? Are you trying to set this position somehow or just setting the focused control?
(08-14-2018, 10:01 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi,

you mean that the page has been scrolled to some position Y before submitting and when rendered again it doesn't go back to the old position? Are you trying to set this position somehow or just setting the focused control?

Yes, the page has been scrolled to some position Y before submitting and when rendered again it doesn't go back to the old position. I am just setting the focused control. 

Thanks
(08-14-2018, 12:14 PM)msgopala Wrote:

Yes, the page has been scrolled to some position Y before submitting and when rendered again it doesn't go back to the old position. I am just setting the focused control. 

Thanks

Hi,

I'll have to try it myself and see how it goes. In some cases you will need some custom programming/JavaScript to save and restore page position, if you want it to reload in the same position.
(08-21-2018, 09:51 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 12:14 PM)msgopala Wrote:

Thanks

Hi,

I'll have to try it myself and see how it goes. In some cases you will need some custom programming/JavaScript to save and restore page position, if you want it to reload in the same position.
Right now as a quick fix I have placed edits (sized real small) and return the focus to these. I also dropped the TMS component TIWScrollBarPersistence on to my form (as suggested by them) but that did not solve my issue either.

Users find this a bit inconvenient, to put it mildly. I would rather have a permanent solution in the future.

Thanks
Please give me 24 hours to test this issue and I'll get back to you with a definitive solution for your problem, OK?

Kind regards
Hi there,

we have included a new feature in our code base which will allow you to keep the position of your page after a full post just setting a single property. It should be available in next release, 15.0.11 which we are already testing (a few more days), so you can test it. It is easier than code yourself, what do you think? :-)
Hi,

please download version 15.0.11 which introduces a new property AutoScrollPos. Enable this property on this form and see how it goes. It should keep the exact same position after a full post back.

https://www.atozed.com/2018/09/15-0-11/
Thumbs Up 
(09-08-2018, 01:21 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi there,

we have included a new feature in our code base which will allow you to keep the position of your page after a full post just setting a single property. It should be available in next release, 15.0.11 which we are already testing (a few more days), so you can test it. It is easier than code yourself, what do you think? :-)

That is great news. Thank you so much

(09-12-2018, 10:04 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi,

please download version 15.0.11 which introduces a new property AutoScrollPos. Enable this property on this form and see how it goes. It should keep the exact same position after a full post back.

https://www.atozed.com/2018/09/15-0-11/

Thank you. I completely missed this post. I just posted a new question yesterday. Thank you so much.