Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMAP Attachment Filename
Hi,

Is it possible the get the filename(s) of attchements without actually downloading them. I tried the 'RetrieveStructure' function but the filename(s) are empty in this case.

Regards,
Pascal
(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: Is it possible the get the filename(s) of attchements without actually downloading them.

Yes.

(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: I tried the 'RetrieveStructure' function

That is the correct function to use.

(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: but the filename(s) are empty in this case.

Then either the attachments did not have filenames to begin with, or you probably weren't using RetrieveStructure() correctly, or at least interpreting its results correctly. Can you please show the raw data for the email you are trying to retrieve the structure of, and your code that is trying to process the structure? Also, which version of Indy are you using specifically?

(03-19-2019, 12:46 AM)rlebeau Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: Is it possible the get the filename(s) of attchements without actually downloading them.

Yes.

(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: I tried the 'RetrieveStructure' function

That is the correct function to use.

(03-16-2019, 02:50 PM)Pascal Wrote: but the filename(s) are empty in this case.

Then either the attachments did not have filenames to begin with, or you probably weren't using RetrieveStructure() correctly, or at least interpreting its results correctly.  Can you please show the raw data for the email you are trying to retrieve the structure of, and your code that is trying to process the structure?  Also, which version of Indy are you using specifically?

Version using: version default included with 10.2.3 = v10.6.2.5366

I'll check the RetrieveStructure again.

Thank you,
Pascal