Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIdFTP.ConnectTimeout
I recently upgraded my Indy components to Indy v10.6.2.0.

Since installing Indy v 10.6.2.0 I am receiving the following when attempting to open a new form on which I have dropped a TIdFTP component.

ERROR: Error reading FTPClient.ConnectTimeout:  Property ConnectTimeout does not exist

yet when I look in the object inspector, ConnectTimeout is a valid property set to zero.

I was told I probably have multiple Indy versions installed on my machine.  How do I determine if this is the case and if so, how do I fix it?

Your help will be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter
(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: I recently upgraded my Indy components to Indy v10.6.2.0.

Upgraded from what, exactly? And do you really mean 10.6.2.0, or do you mean the *latest* (which is 10.6.2.5477 at the time of this writing)?

(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: I was told I probably have multiple Indy versions installed on my machine.

That was me who told you that. Did you follow Indy's installation instructions to remove old versions before installing the new version?

(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: How do I determine if this is the case and if so, how do I fix it?

Start with the instructions above. Scan your hard drive for multiple copies of Indy source files and binaries. And double-check your IDE's and OS's search paths to make sure the new version is found in front of any old versions.

You might also consider using SysInternals Process Monitor to see exactly which files the compiler/linker is actually accessing, make sure it is accessing the new version you installed, and not another version elsewhere on your system.

(10-11-2018, 06:05 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: I recently upgraded my Indy components to Indy v10.6.2.0.

Upgraded from what, exactly?  And do you really mean 10.6.2.0, or do you mean the *latest* (which is 10.6.2.5477 at the time of this writing)?

(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: I was told I probably have multiple Indy versions installed on my machine.

That was me who told you that.  Did you follow Indy's installation instructions to remove old versions before installing the new version?

(10-11-2018, 01:38 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: How do I determine if this is the case and if so, how do I fix it?

Start with the instructions above.  Scan your hard drive for multiple copies of Indy source files and binaries.  And double-check your IDE's and OS's search paths to make sure the new version is found in front of any old versions.

You might also consider using SysInternals Process Monitor to see exactly which files the compiler/linker is actually accessing, make sure it is accessing the new version you installed, and not another version elsewhere on your system.

I upgraded from the version of Indy that came bundled with XE5.  

10.6.2.0 is the version presented when I click on About Internet Direct on any Indy component in the object inspector.  I downloaded revision 5477.

I followed the uninstall / install instructions presented in the installation instructions.  I will review them again to see if I missed something.

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter
(10-12-2018, 01:57 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: I upgraded from the version of Indy that came bundled with XE5.  

ConnectTimeout was NOT exposed yet in TIdFTP in that version of Indy (revision 5040), it was added later in revision 5240 (closer to XE8). So it sounds like you still have old files in your system that the compiler is picking up instead of the newer files.

(10-12-2018, 01:57 AM)rhcarpenter Wrote: 10.6.2.0 is the version presented when I click on About Internet Direct on any Indy component in the object inspector.  I downloaded revision 5477.

Where did you download it from? Did you download it directly from SVN? If so, the actual revision number is not stored in Indy's resources by default, but if you are downloading using TortoiseSVN, there are hooks available to add the revision number to the resources before you compile Indy.  This is mentioned in the Indy Via SVN documentation that the installation notes link to.

Quote:For Indy 10: if you use Tortoise as your SVN client, there are StoreRevNum.bat and StoreRevNumHooks.bat scripts in the root \Lib folder which can be used to update IdVers.inc and various .rc files with the current SVN revision number prior to compiling. StoreRevNum.bat invokes Tortoise's command-line SubWCRev.exe utility and thus can be run at any time, whereas StoreRevNumHooks.bar is meant to be used only with Tortoise's Post-Commit and Post-Update hooks. Before either .bat file can be used, you need to manually edit the .bat files and update the IndyLib environment variable to point at the path to the working copy of your local Indy 10 \Lib source folder.

The nightly zipped snapshot for Indy 10 already has the SVN revision number applied to its files.