Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bootstrap Demo Project
First I must give a big warning and an apology -- for making changes to a core unit: TIWBSRegion.

I added a slew of new TagTypes and overrode the constructor to set the initial value, since bsttDiv was no longer alphabetically first.

I also messed with the InternalRenderCss method.

Unfortunately, the sample project won't work with the old version of TIWBSRegion.

If you want, you can temporarily replace this unit, then recompile the IWBootstrap packages. You can put it back afterwards and recompile.

I welcome any comments from anyone on how to better tackle the following problems:

1) Lack of a span wrapper component
2) Inability of TIWBSButton to act as a design-time container
3) Lack of an li wrapper component. TIWBSRegion can now be a List Item.
4) TIWLink is implemented as a span, so it doesn't fit in with IWBootstrap, and IWBootstrap does NOT provide an anchor components. So TIWBSRegion now can be an anchor too.

@Shane, I tried to put everything in there that you wanted to see. You have to look at the ExtraTagParams property of just about everything, plus the ExtraHeader property of the forms.

.zip   Shane20181007.zip (Size: 14.68 KB / Downloads: 28)

Any feedback will be appreciated
(10-07-2018, 07:47 PM)LorenSzendre Wrote: First I must give a big warning and an apology -- for making changes to a core unit: TIWBSRegion.

I added a slew of new TagTypes and overrode the constructor to set the initial value, since bsttDiv was no longer alphabetically first.

I also messed with the InternalRenderCss method.

Unfortunately, the sample project won't work with the old version of TIWBSRegion.

If you want, you can temporarily replace this unit, then recompile the IWBootstrap packages. You can put it back afterwards and recompile.

I welcome any comments from anyone on how to better tackle the following problems:

1) Lack of a span wrapper component
2) Inability of TIWBSButton to act as a design-time container
3) Lack of an li wrapper component. TIWBSRegion can now be a List Item.
4) TIWLink is implemented as a span, so it doesn't fit in with IWBootstrap, and IWBootstrap does NOT provide an anchor components. So TIWBSRegion now can be an anchor too.

@Shane, I tried to put everything in there that you wanted to see. You have to look at the ExtraTagParams property of just about everything, plus the ExtraHeader property of the forms.

Any feedback will be appreciated

Howdy Loren!

First thanks for the new demo.

Unfortunately, I can't look at it right now because my environment seems to not be compiling the IW Bootstrap components properly for C Builder (i.e. not omitting the OBJ files). It builds and creates everything else.

I am going to reinstall Intraweb and see if it makes a difference.

All the best,

Shane
Photo 

Here's a preview Smile
(10-07-2018, 09:44 PM)LorenSzendre Wrote: Here's a preview Smile

LOOKS GREAT!

Since you are now officially my IW BS instructor, any comments on allowing end-users to 'theme' one's application?

Thanks,

Shane
Yeah, it's really easy. You'll need Sass which will pick up your overrides to any Bootstrap style and put them in the stylesheet your app will use.

It means you won't use a CDN, but it's not a problem.

Contact me privately and I'll show you how to configure it, and show you how any style you change is immediately reflected across your site/app.
(10-07-2018, 10:15 PM)LorenSzendre Wrote: Yeah, it's really easy. You'll need Sass which will pick up your overrides to any Bootstrap style and put them in the stylesheet your app will use.

It means you won't use a CDN, but it's not a problem.

Contact me privately and I'll show you how to configure it, and show you how any style you change is immediately reflected across your site/app.

I got the library compiled and the demo running! Thank you very much.

I will reach out to you about the stylesheet.

Thanks,

Shane