Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you avoid phone number links in Edge?
We have a web application where we display phone numbers for informational purposes. MS Edge can transform text containing a phone number into a link. When this occurs in a grid where we have "row click", the web page hangs if you click the phone number link, and you have to refresh the page to get it working again. Is there any way to avoid this?

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
Hi Magnus, see this link to Phone number format recognition.

You can get rid of it by adding this meta tag in the header of your pages.
Code:
<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">

If you don't want to disable for an entire page, you can add the following attribute to a specific tag.
Code:
<p x-ms-format-detection="none">
Hi and thanks for your suggestions! I tried to add the meta tag by using the following code in FormCreate:

Code:
   ExtraHeader.Add('<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">');

This does not work however. Interestingly, if I look at the generated page source, this row is added inside the <head> block (although pretty close to the end), but if I instead inspect the page in the browser after it is loaded, the meta tag is instead found within the <body> block. Another note of interest is that this page suggests that this approach does not work in all cases. But it would be very nice if you could get it to work.

As for the x-ms-format-detection tag, how would you insert this with IntraWeb? 

Here is another page that discusses these solutions, and also one using JavaScript. But for me the question remains, how do I accomplish any of this using IntraWeb?