Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BootStrap and UI
Howdy Alexandre and Kudzu!

Couple of questions about IW17.

Will I be able to build a modern UI without having an extensive knowledge of javascript, etc?

I will be rewriting my web module for the third time in 8 years starting early next year and I am hoping to do it with just stock IW (no 3rd party libraries).

All the best,

Shane
Hi Shane, look THIS video. I use Template with bootstrap. I'm used little javascript. IW 14 and IW 15.
(07-05-2018, 01:32 PM)JNPSoftware Wrote: Hi Shane, look THIS video. I use Template with bootstrap. I'm used little javascript. IW 14 and IW 15.

Hiowdy JNP!

Looks really nice!

Are you using the bootstrap now native to IW or CGDevTools? I am hoping to not rely on third party components going forward because of the market that IW is in (that is, IW has incentive to keep their offerings updated to where 3rd party customers are constrained to the realities that many programmers won't spend any money on their components no matter the cost).

Again, thanks for sharing - I really appreciate it.

All the best,

Shane
Shane, i don't use any 3rd party components (except FastReport). Look this demo. The demo show how you can use a MasterTemplate and a template in you projects.
(07-05-2018, 03:40 PM)JNPSoftware Wrote: Shane, i don't use any 3rd party components (except FastReport). Look this demo. The demo show how you can use a MasterTemplate and a template in you projects.

Thanks! I have bookmarked it for when I get a chance.

All the best and have a great weekend!

Shane