Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use TIdHTTPProxyServer?
Hi everyone...

I want to make a socks proxy server on my windows server!

I have searched about this and found that apps like CCProxy do this for me!

But now i want to make a simple CCProxy like app which acts as proxy server!

I guess that TIdHTTPProxyServer must do this in delphi...

But i do not have aknowlege about this component and how to use it!

Can anyone help me about this...?

Is my mind about this component right or not?!

if not, how to make CCProxy like app in delphi?
(06-04-2018, 08:17 AM)KPKPKPKP Wrote: I want to make a socks proxy server on my windows server!

Then why are you trying to use TIdHTTPProxyServer instead of TIdSocksServer? HTTP and SOCKS are completely separate protocols.

(06-04-2018, 04:33 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 08:17 AM)KPKPKPKP Wrote: I want to make a socks proxy server on my windows server!

Then why are you trying to use TIdHTTPProxyServer instead of TIdSocksServer?  HTTP and SOCKS are completely separate protocols.

Oh... that's ok... no problem! I did not know about TIdSocksServer!!

now can you explain me how to use TIdSocksServer to make a proxy server?

thank you very much.
(06-05-2018, 04:57 AM)KPKPKPKP Wrote: now can you explain me how to use TIdSocksServer to make a proxy server?

What exactly do you not understand about it? Do you even know how the SOCKS protocol works? If you do, it is not that difficult to understand how TIdSocksServer works, since it follows the protocol pretty closely.

- Configure the server's DefaultPort and Bindings as needed to specify the local IP/Port(s) you want to listen on for SOCKS clients to connect to.

- Optionally enable/disable the AllowSocks4, AllowSocks5, and NeedsAuthentication (SOCKS v5 only) properties as needed.

- Optionally provide an OnAuthenticate event handler to validate username/password requests from SOCKS clients.

- Optionally provide an OnBeforeSocksConnect event handler to validate requests for outbound connections to the outside world.

- Optionally provide an OnBeforeSocksBind event handler to validate requests for binding a port for inbound connections from the outside world.

- Optionally provide an OnVerifyBoundPeer event handler to validate the IP/Port of outside clients connecting to a bound port.

- Set Active=True to start running the server when ready.

That is about all there is to it. TIdSocksServer handles the rest internally for you.