Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linker error in IW15.2.65
I get a linker error in Intraweb 15.2.65 with C++Builder 11.1  Huh

[ilink32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'InternetOpenW' referenziert von C:\ATOZED11\INTRAWEB 15\LIBD11W32\INTRAWEB_15_D11.LIB|IWUtils
[ilink32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'InternetOpenUrlW' referenziert von C:\ATOZED11\INTRAWEB 15\LIBD11W32\INTRAWEB_15_D11.LIB|IWUtils
[ilink32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'InternetReadFile' referenziert von C:\ATOZED11\INTRAWEB 15\LIBD11W32\INTRAWEB_15_D11.LIB|IWUtils
[ilink32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'InternetCloseHandle' referenziert von C:\ATOZED11\INTRAWEB 15\LIBD11W32\INTRAWEB_15_D11.LIB|IWUtils

Regards

Juergen
Try adding this:

#pragma link "wininet.lib"
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not using this API.

Apparently the API library is now required by the intraweb library but probably not included.
>>Apparently the API library is now required by the intraweb library but probably not included.

Correct.  If you add it you will be able to link without error, I had to do the same.
Yes, you're right, but it's not my construction site.

The intraweb library needs to work without my help.

I just upgraded from IW 15.2.64 to IW 15.2.65!
Isn't IntraWeb written in Delphi? Delphi links to external libraries very differently than C++ does. I would not expect this kind of error to come from a Delphi-written library, even if it is being used in C++Builder. This is the kind of error you would see when C++ code calls a DLL function but the C++ project doesn't link to the DLL, since C++ uses different stages for compiling and linking. Delphi doesn't work that way.

I think AToZed just needs to add something like below to IWUtils.pas to fix it up for C++ Builder:

{$IFDEF CPUX64}
  (*$HPPEMIT '#pragma link "wininet.???"'*)
{$ELSE}
  (*$HPPEMIT '#pragma link "wininet.lib"'*)
{$ENDIF}

Probably an oversight.  Maybe also add a minimal C++ Builder project to FinalBuilder to detect errors like this.
Exactly (wininet.a)
Can you please tell me your C++ project linking options?

I believe MJS is right but not Delphi compiler (or unit test) nor C++ compiler (yes, maybe a unit test) can ever say me that.
The example contains a new, empty project.
As soon as linking is done without runtime packages, the error occurs.

Options->Packages->RuntimePackages: OFF

Attached Files
.zip   LinkerError.zip (Size: 8.38 KB / Downloads: 0)