Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tIWCustomControl and jQuery component : HowTo ?
I found a quite goodlooking JQuery WYSIWYG editor (Trumbowyg) and would like to incorporate it in a custom IW component in my IW application.

I would like to have a custom IW component, where I can simply put the HTML Content in a property and show the form. Then, when a user clicks, after editing, the SAVE-button on the screen, I would like to get the resulting HTML Content from my components Content property. 

As for the lack of documentation on creating your own custom IW components, I cannot find out how I should transfer my content from the Delphi component property to the JQuery object and how to get it back. For now I use the RenderHTML of the component to write my Content property in Javascript to the JQuery component (maybe that is the way it should be done ?). But how to get the edited content back in the Content property on a submit?

Any help is welcome... Explanation, examples or hints on where I can find documentation on this subject...
Our existing controls including the JQuery based ones include source and you can look at them.

I've also asked Alexandre to follow up further.
Hi,

do you have access to IW source code?

You can see how it is done in IWjQGrid and IWjQDBGrid (both implemented in unit IWjQGrid.pas). Also, TIWjQPageControl unit (IWjQPageControl.pas) and TIWjQAccordion in (unit IWjQAccordion.pas)

There are several ways to implement this functionality. In those cases we decided to keep it simple enough to be extended and also to provide an component interface (methods, events, properties) as Delphi developers expect in normal VCL controls.

Please let me know if you need any other info
Hi Kudzu and Alexandre,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply to my question ! Stupidly enough, I did not even search for the source of the IW components. Now I did, it's easy to find ;-) and I downloaded it immediately. At first glance, the source of the JQgrid looks very promising, I think this is what I was looking for ! 

Thanks ! 
Kind regards, Gerrit
Thanks for this thread. Very similar to what I want to do.
But I can't find the source for the jquery components in my IW15 installation. I recently purchased the Ultimate 1 month upgrade and the only source I can find is for the bootstrap components.
Is the source for the jquery components available via separate download?