Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWEdit - sample with pattern and regional settings
Hi Paul,

to be used in formatting of date time on the browser side or something else? Can you please detail a little bit more your requirements?
BTW, the problem described here happens because of a (3rd) local setting (on the browser side) that would cause our formatting to fail in certain combination. It's been already fixed and we are about to release a new update
(04-28-2022, 10:10 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Paul,

to be used in formatting of date time on the browser side or something else? Can you please detail a little bit more your requirements?

Hi Alexandre,

On the browser side.

As a company policy we install Windows in English language, thus browsers are also installed with English language.
But, because we are in the Netherlands, I would like to be able to present a Date in dd-mm-yyyy format, instead of mm/dd/yyyy, what the default for English is.
Momentarily, this can only be accomplished by setting the browser language to Dutch, but then the display language also changes to Dutch as well, and that's not what we want.

Hopefully this is possible, or if there is another way to accomplish this, I would like to hear about it.

Cheers, Paul
Thumbs Up 
Hi Alexandre,

after installing 15.2.54 IWEdit works fine ! Thanks !

BTW: The bug was reported already months ago ...
The way to success is always under construction ... but i see a light at the end of the tunnel  Idea Big Grin
(04-30-2022, 09:00 AM)Lorbass Wrote: Hi Alexandre,

after installing 15.2.54 IWEdit works fine ! Thanks !

BTW: The bug was reported already months ago ...

Thanks for pointing that out.

The problem is not the report, but how to reproduce the bug. Sometimes it's impossible to fix it without reproducing it.
(04-29-2022, 10:38 AM)PaulWeem Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 10:10 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Paul,

Hi Alexandre,

On the browser side.

As a company policy we install Windows in English language, thus browsers are also installed with English language.
But, because we are in the Netherlands, I would like to be able to present a Date in dd-mm-yyyy format, instead of mm/dd/yyyy, what the default for English is.
Momentarily, this can only be accomplished by setting the browser language to Dutch, but then the display language also changes to Dutch as well, and that's not what we want.

Hopefully this is possible, or if there is another way to accomplish this, I would like to hear about it.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply.

What kind of controls do you use to handle the date input and display?
(05-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply.

What kind of controls do you use to handle the date input and display?

Hi Alexandre,

For display I mainly use TIWLabel, but in this case I format the Date and Time in the Query/Procedure, so there's no problem there.
For input I use TIWEdit/TIWDBEdit. I could use TMS components for this, but I prefer to use only IW Components.

And the main reason for the Time formatting is, that I want to use 24-hours display instead of AM/PM.

Cheers, Paul