Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server going to 100% CPU
I recently upgraded our member portal by connecting it to an identity server through crosstalk.   Since we have pushed it out it will run about 2 hours and then it spike to 100% when it gets under a heavy load.   Any ideas?  We are using IWRtlFix so I know that is not the issue.

iw 15.2.25
Is it deployed under IIS.
1) Can you reproduce the same behavior when deployed as SA?

2) Add some logging to your code and then use a stress tool against it. In most cases its user code getting stuck in some kind of thread contention issue.
(08-05-2021, 05:46 PM)kudzu Wrote: 1) Can you reproduce the same behavior when deployed as SA?

2) Add some logging to your code and then use a stress tool against it. In most cases its user code getting stuck in some kind of thread contention issue.

Thanks for the pointers.  I wrapped all of the calls in a criticalsection and it helped some, At this point I am going to eliminate Cross talk and replace the calls with an http call through indy.
CrossTalk is not your problem. CrossTalk is used in many very high load environments safely.

There is likely a threading issue in your code and replacing CrossTalk alone will not solve your issue and unless you have other reasons to do so will just be busy work and a distraction.

Wrapping all the calls in a CriticalSection highlights this and they will really slow down your application when its under load if they are use so liberally.