Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWDBEdit and AutoEditable
Hello,

I'm using IW15.2.15 on Delphi 10.3.3.

It seems like TIWDBEdit is not respecting AutoEditable setting.
Even when a dataset is not in editmode, the value in TIWDBEdit can be changed and is saved in the database.

Can you please check and confirm?

Regards, Paul

It seems this occurs only when using a DataModule and the DataSource is on the Datamodule.
When the DataSource is on the same form as the TIWDBEdit, everything works as expected.
I'll check it out and let you know.

However, there is one thing that I'd like to mention: a DataSource component belongs to the *form* not to the DataModule. It is basically an observer object created to notify visual components when the underlying DataSet changes. (the exception is when it connects 2 DataSets in a Master/Detail relationship, but in this case it shouldn't be connected to any visual control anyways).
Do you also have a grid in your form?

I believe that what caused this issue has been fixed in our code base. A new update is being released with a fix.
Yes, I do have a grid on my form.

I'll test as soon as the new update is released.

Thanks!
Please install this update. I think it will fix your problem: https://www.atozed.com/2020/09/intraweb-15-2-18/
Hi Alexandre,

I haven't been able to reproduce this, so I can confirm the problem is solved.

Talking about problems, I now have one with IWTabControl.
When having multiple Tabs and setting the TabOder of all Tabs to -1 or 0 (because I don't want these in the tab order), the Tabs get messed up.
It lookes almost like the TabOrder is used to determin the order of the Tabs within the IWTabControl.

Cheers, paul