Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Format IWEdit
Hi!

Since IW 15.1.11 the IWEdit acquired many features by the new property DataType.  This property has the stDate as option.

How can I ensure the format of the IWEdit?

I would like that the IWEdit always has the date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' no matter the browser or dispositive the user use to open the application.

How can I achieve that?
(06-12-2020, 02:51 PM)Rolphy Reyes Wrote: Hi!

Since IW 15.1.11 the IWEdit acquired many features by the new property DataType.  This property has the stDate as option.

How can I ensure the format of the IWEdit?

I would like that the IWEdit always has the date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' no matter the browser or dispositive the user use to open the application.

How can I achieve that?

Hi!

Can someone help me with this?

Nobody knows???
Im not sure its possible with current settings, but will ask Alexandre to respond.
Date format is determined by the user settings in the client machine, where the browser runs.

The specific regional settings are always used by the browser regardless of your server settings.
Some users find this somehow strange but I can't stress enough how good this is. Regardless where your user is, what language he speaks and what date format you are using in your application, he will always get exactly the format that he is more comfortable with.
Regarding the date format in the server side, you don't have to worry about it.

If you use

IWEdit1.AsDateTime

You will always get the correct value, regardless of your user setting or format, in a standard Delphi TDateTime type