Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of system resources ??
We have an ISAPI dll running in IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012.  It was built using IntraWeb 14.2.3 on Delphi 10.1 Berlin.  The other day a few clients randomly received an error message stating "Out of system resources" from our application.  Our code does not display this message and the web server at the time had plenty of CPU and memory available.  The application did not crash but occasionally forced them to re-login.  Other times they could simply click through the message without any impact.  Has anyone else received this message and know why?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
Most likely you have a memory or resource leak in your code.

I would suggest using one of the third party leak detection tools for Delphi.
(05-15-2020, 04:59 PM)kudzu Wrote: Most likely you have a memory or resource leak in your code.

I would suggest using one of the third party leak detection tools for Delphi.
We considered that but it doesn't happen consistently on one screen which obviously makes it difficult to identify.  So they will work with IntraWeb code?  Can you recommend one in particular?Thank you.
I encauntered an error of this type when dealing with bulky data.
So reducing the data load and compiling your application with the 64 bit option would be useful.
"Out of system resources" most of the times is caused by errors in code where the size of a buffer in a memory allocation routine is wrong, e.g. instead of trying to allocate a small (e.g. 1 kb) buffer, a random number is passed to, for instance, GetMem() as the size of the buffer. Once that random number can be anything, it is very likely that it represents a huge number and the memory allocation fails with that exactly error message.

According to your description I don't think it is caused by memory leaks (the whole application fails, and a new login would also fail).

First you need to find out where this happens.

I strongly suggest you enable IW error log. You can read how to do it here:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/developm...ogger.html

Once the error happens again, you will have a detailed log file containing the call stack. That's how you start trying to find where the problem is.