Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice about where put a code to websocket
Hi,
I have many iw forms, all inherited from a standard iwform(TIWFormStd).
I have a MasterTemplate html to all my IWForms.
I have my websocket server component in servercontroller module(I don´t know  if this is the better place)
I need the websocket client available in all forms, because my app has a chat to users.
In that MasterTemplate, I have the next script code to connect to websocket server:

Code:
<script>
   function wschat()
    {
        if (!ws || ws.state()!='open'){
          ws = new sgcWebSocket('ws://127.0.0.1:5414/auth/url/admin/1234');
        }

ws.on('open', function(evt){
          console.log(ws.state())
        });   
        ws.on('message', function(evt){
          console.log(evt.message)
        })

}
    wschat()
</script>

My problem is that when I open a new iwform, I allways release the old iwform. As the old form is released, the websocket connection in the frontend  is  destroyed as well and recreated when the new IWForm is active.

I´d like to know some suggestions about where I can put the websocket client code to avoid  it.

Regards, Luiz
Hi Luiz. What websocket component are you using ?, thank you.
Hi, I am using sgcwebsocket. But I can create a nodejs server using socketio. The server is not a problem. The problem is in the frontend. The js using sgcwebsocket is similar to socketio. When i change the form in front end the webssocket client is closed because the old form is released and recreated with the new form.  My app has a chat and i intent to use webssocket or socketio to It.
You need to store your websocket connection in a global space such as the window object to persist it.
(07-11-2019, 06:15 PM)kudzu Wrote: You need to store your websocket connection in a global space such as the window object to persist it.
My forms use MasterTemplate, the js code is into Mastertemplate HTML. Is possível the code survive into window object when I load a new form If the old is released? If yes, could you point me some sample code? I use inherithance  in forms.
My mistake. I'm focused on 17. 17 can persist objects as you wish.

14/15 reload the whole page when pages change. Other than using a frame which would be a bit messy, I can't see a way to persist a JS object. You'll have to reconnect it each time I think if you change pages.

If you are only making updates to a page, you can use AJAX updates which will preserve your websocket object.