Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Async events dont trigger after IW 15.0.22/23 update
(06-21-2019, 10:52 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Please replace your IWData.res file(s) in your IW 15.0.23 installation directory with this one attached (please notice that you might have more than one copy of IWData.res in different directories. In this case, replace them all). 

It contains a workaround for TMS TTIWAdvEdit (possibly others) control bug.

This workaround will also be available in the next IW versions.

Please let me know if it fixed your issue.

After replacing all the IWData.res files for IW15 with the one provided by you my project is stuck in the initial loading process where the form loads I can see the controls but browser just hangs.

Re-installed IW and it works with FireFox. Chrome and IE hang. Sent you an email with the error screenshot for Chrome.

Thanks Alexandre!
Sorry, it was late at night and I think I ended up attaching the wrong version of the fix to the forum message.

Find a new one attached. This is definitely correct. Please let me know how it goes.

Attached Files
.zip   IWData.zip (Size: 304.5 KB / Downloads: 7)
(06-22-2019, 05:16 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Sorry, it was late at night and I think I ended up attaching the wrong version of the fix to the forum message.

Find a new one attached. This is definitely correct. Please let me know how it goes.
This fix worked. Apologize for the late reply. Was caught up with work as this ad pushed our development schedule a week behind.

Thanks!
I've the same troubles with the latest 15.1.9 version and TMS components. Is there another fix for these versions ?
Thank you
Just tested with the 15.1.10 upgrade, still asyncexit not fired.
You mean OnAsyncExit for TMS controls? Which control specifically?

I hope you didn't miss the explanation about the issue where I explain that TMS code is faulty and has always been. If their code was correct, our changes wouldn't break the behavior of their controls.
(12-10-2019, 04:03 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: You mean OnAsyncExit for TMS controls? Which control specifically?

I hope you didn't miss the explanation about the issue where I explain that TMS code is faulty and has always been. If their code was correct, our changes wouldn't break the behavior of their controls.

I mean OnAsyncExit on TTIWAdvEdit.
I've read your explanation and i've seen too the the file you attached on this thread for the version 15.0.23, and i've read the improvements about the TMS IW components in the 15.1.10 and installed it for try to solve my troubles, but, without success.

Thank you.
I'll give it another try and see how it goes.
I've investigated the problem further and discovered that the cause is the presence of a javascript, checking if there's any value in the edit control, in the Onblur event.
Without the script the OnAsyncExit is fired, but i need to check if the text control has been valued.
Any suggestions ?
Thank you.
Can you provide a simple test case showing what is exactly your problem?