Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWTreeView - please help
W7/64 C++ Builder XE7 (update 1) 32-bit build New IntraWeb Application
Latest IW (.20) brand new license and support update, carefully installed in virgin W7 / XE7 re-installation, unbundle tool used prior to upgrade.
Please see my earlier post just a few back for more info.

I am left with the original TreeView problem - nothing about it seems to work.  This is the code in its entirety...

static TIWTreeViewItem *tnp, *snp;

void __fastcall TIWForm1::IWButton2AsyncClick(TObject *Sender, TStringList *EventParams)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
{
    tnp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( NULL );
    tnp->Caption = "First Node";

snp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( tnp );
    snp->Caption = "First Sub Node";

tnp->Expanded = false;
}

void __fastcall TIWForm1::LogTreeViewTreeItemClick(TObject *Sender, TIWTreeViewItem *ATreeViewItem)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
{
String us = ATreeViewItem->Caption;

us = us;
}

Just as before, the TV displays expanded with the + and - ineffective, and (double) clicking on one or t'other fails to fire the Click event.  I have tried setting AsyncMode (default True) to both T and F, and setting DoServerSidePlusMinus (default True) set both T and F.  I added the following code with no success:

void __fastcall TIWForm1::LogTreeViewPlusMinus(TObject *aSender, bool aIsPlus)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
{
    tnp->Expanded = aIsPlus;
}

Please, what have I missed ?

Denville.
Hi Denville,

we have a comprehensive demo showing how to use IWTreeView (in both Sync and Async modes). It is written in Delphi but writing similar code in C++ should be straightforward.

Does it work for you?

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...eeViewDemo
Unfortunately I cannot compile the demo as I don't have Delphi.

I have ploughed through the code and as far as I can see the simplest operation boils down to what I illustrated above, ie (combining the caption with the Add):-

tnp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( NULL, "First Node" );

snp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( tnp, "First Sub Node" );

LogTreeView->Items->Add( NULL, "Second Node" );

It remains completely non-functional (can't contract node, can't get TreeItemClick to fire).  I put a button on the form to make sure it wasn't general, the button works fine.
(04-27-2019, 05:01 PM)denville Wrote: Unfortunately I cannot compile the demo as I don't have Delphi.

I have ploughed through the code and as far as I can see the simplest operation boils down to what I illustrated above, ie (combining the caption with the Add):-

tnp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( NULL, "First Node" );

snp = LogTreeView->Items->Add( tnp, "First Sub Node" );

LogTreeView->Items->Add( NULL, "Second Node" );

It remains completely non-functional (can't contract node, can't get TreeItemClick to fire).  I put a button on the form to make sure it wasn't general, the button works fine.

Can you please try this minimal test case C++ application and tell me what you get?
Hi Alexandre...

Whilst I don't have Delphi I was able to incorporate the MainForm.pas from the demo into a clean IW project, replacing the default Form1 with MainForm.pas.  The application then compiled without error and the the application ran - and behold, the TreeView behaved perfectly (ie the demo was completely successful).  So I then scoured the .pas code to see if I could determine where I was going wrong - but couldn't find anything to help.

Then, in an act of desperation, I deleted the TIWTreeView component from MainForm.pas and replaced it with same dropped from my component pallette.  I assigned the two events to those in the original pas and ran the application.  This time, the tree view failed to work properly with exactly the same symptoms I have previously described (permanent expansion, unable to collapse, etc.).

I compared the .pas, .dfm, and .hpp files before and after the change and could find nothing of significance, just a few extra properties in my version and some font and colour properties I hadn't copied.

So I am at a loss to understand what is happening here - why is the TIWTreeView fine when in the original .pas, but useless when I replace it (still in the .pas) with the one from the installed components.  And if they are different, where on earth is it finding (and know to find) a different component, since it is only identified by (identical) name in the .dfm and .pas files ?

OS: W7/64 : IW 15.0.20 : C++ Builder version XE7 : 32-bit platform.

Denville.

PS I think you asked me to try the three-line minimal test case. Yes, I have tried that exhaustively !

D.
You tried it and??? I believe it worked, right?

So, can you create a non working minimal test case and send it to me so I can try to identify what is going on?
Minimal app attached:

W7/64
C++ Builder XE7
IntraWeb 15.0.20
32-bit platform

Denville.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   IW.zip (Size: 48.8 KB / Downloads: 3)
I am back from leave and still struggling with this.  I have some more intelligence..
To recap, I can build the example in C++ Builder and it works as expected.  But if I deleted the TIWTreeView and replaced it with same from my component palette (adding the same event handlers) then it was non-functional.  I examined the difference between the text version of the example form and that of my non-functional version and the IWTV properties look substantially the same (see below)...

But I found that if I copied the TV properties in their entirety from the example to my page, the TV started working again.  I checked each item individually and they were the same except (and I had unfortunately discounted this)...

WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE is that the example has a couple of TreeNodes added at the design stage, thus present in the text, whereas my page did not.  Sure enough, I proved that this was the difference between functionality and failure.  To prove the point, I took my non-functioning page without any pre-defined nodes, added a minimal node (HELLO) in the designer and - bingo, the TV now works.

I remain uncertain what is going on here, and short of adding an arbitrary node in the designer that does nothing, I can't quite see how to navigate around the problem where all the nodes are added dynamically.

Please...

Denville.
Hi Denville,

I'm testing your application. I'll have some more info soon.
Hum... I finally found the issue.

You are trying to create it from an Async event. Please update your IW to this new build we have just released:

http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/iw15.0.22.exe

After updating, please also set your TreeView.AsyncMode to true.

Please let me know if it worked.

Cheers