Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Async SendStream leaves files in IW user cache
(08-12-2020, 07:09 PM)kudzu Wrote: "These files are not accessible through IW but accessible for anyone with access to the cache folder."

This will be true with any application. If someone has access to your server, they have access. You can simply remove permissions to that folder for all users except the one that your application runs under using standard Windows security.

SendStream can help, but large files can still be cached to disk during the transfer.

>>If someone has access to your server, they have access.

Yep, I don't have a problem if they have access to my encrypted database as that won't be easy to decipher.  The problem is the raw data that's being saved to disk by the framework, it's unexpected and probably unintended.

>>You can simply remove permissions to that folder for all users except the one that your application runs under using standard Windows security.

I may or may not have control over that depending on how it's deployed.  In this particular case I don't have control over it.  What I'm claiming to the customers is that my product inherently won't expose their data (at least in an obvious way).

>>SendStream can help, but large files can still be cached to disk during the transfer.

Not an issue in this case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Async SendStream leaves files in IW user cache - by MJS@mjs.us - 08-12-2020, 07:36 PM