Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dll's... again
Seems every time I try and do ftp or email or whatever I never have the right version of the .dll's that match the version of Indy I'm using.

So I have Delphi 10.2 and I think Indy came with the DevArt SecureBridge product but can't be sure.

The Indy version is 10.6.2.5366.

I have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same folder as the .exe - their version is file version 1.0.2.21, product version 1.0.2u.

I have an TIdFtp component hooked to a TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.

I can set UseTls to utUseImplicit Tls with no problem, but when I try and do .Connect I get "Could not load SSL library".

A comment in the code says this is usually due to the wrong .dll version - given my described environment above what is the correct version?

And if the version is correct, what am I missing with the components to correct this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

drc  Smile
Hi,
I'm not a big expert, but have you tried the file version: 1.0.2.17, product version: 1.0.2q ?

It works for me (on a TIdHTTP).

Init code :
FIdHTTP := TIdHTTP.Create(nil);
FIdHTTP.HandleRedirects := True;
FIdSSL := TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.Create(nil);
FIdSSL.SSLOptions.Mode := sslmClient;
FIdSSL.SSLOptions.SSLVersions := [sslvTLSv1_1,sslvTLSv1_2];

Delphi 7, Indy version : 10.6.2

Laurent.
(03-30-2022, 07:25 AM)' Wrote:I'm not a big expert, but have you tried the file version: 1.0.2.17, product version: 1.0.2q ?

Thanks for the tip - version Q seems to be playing nicely with my app now.   Big Grin

I can now connect to the ftp site in question but when I do a directory listing I get back an exception "This sever required an encrypted data connection with PROP P" - not sure why the message is getting cut off.

I'm guessing I need to set some additional property on the ftp or ssl io handler objects but I'm at a loss - any additional thoughts?

drc Smile
NEVER MIND - found it...

drc   Wink
(03-29-2022, 08:26 PM)dragonstar Wrote: So I have Delphi 10.2 and I think Indy came with the DevArt SecureBridge product but can't be sure.

That is a third party product, it is not shipped with Indy.

(03-29-2022, 08:26 PM)dragonstar Wrote: I have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same folder as the .exe - their version is file version 1.0.2.21, product version 1.0.2u.

That version should work just fine with the latest Indy version.

(03-29-2022, 08:26 PM)dragonstar Wrote: I can set UseTls to utUseImplicit Tls with no problem, but when I try and do .Connect I get "Could not load SSL library".

What do Indy's IdSSLOpenSSL.OpenSSLVersion() and IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders.WhichFailedToLoad() functions return after that error occurs?

(03-30-2022, 12:46 PM)dragonstar Wrote: I can now connect to the ftp site in question but when I do a directory listing I get back an exception "This sever required an encrypted data connection with PROP P" - not sure why the message is getting cut off.

It is not being cut off. 'PROT P' is the entire command, used to enable encryption on the secondary TCP connection used for data transfers. TIdFTP sends that command when the TIdFTP.DataPortProtection property is set to ftpdpsPrivate.