Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant load SSL Library
Our network at work was hit with Ransomware virus and I had to reformat my PC to Windows 10Pro.  I then restored my application directories and files from our backup along with the databases for it.

The app run as a service but can start on the desktop.  Anyway when I start it I get Error: Could not load SSL library.  We do use a SSL to connect.  I thought it would come right back up and the restore.

Any ideas, I've messed with this for three days.

Thanks,

Ed
Do you have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same folder with the service exe?
Ioan is correct... please start checking if you have both Open SSL DLLs in the same directory where the EXE is.

If they are, something else is wrong. First thing to check:

- Try to download fresh copies of both Open SSL Dlls and replace the existing ones (who knows if the original ones have been tampered with?)
- Check the IntraWeb version and the installed Open SSL version and see if they match (if you are not sure, let me know the versions you have)
(10-23-2020, 06:04 PM)ioan Wrote: Do you have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same folder with the service exe?

And not only that, but the CORRECT VERSION of them. IntraWeb is built on top of Indy, and Indy's default OpenSSL support requires OpenSSL 1.0.2. Support for OpenSSL 1.1.x is in progress (see this pull request). I don't know if IntraWeb does anything extra to add its own support for OpenSSL 1.1.x or not.

(10-26-2020, 06:11 PM)rlebeau Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 06:04 PM)ioan Wrote: Do you have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same folder with the service exe?

And not only that, but the CORRECT VERSION of them.  IntraWeb is built on top of Indy, and Indy's default OpenSSL support requires OpenSSL 1.0.2.  Support for OpenSSL 1.1.x is in progress (see this pull request).  I don't know if IntraWeb does anything extra to add its own support for OpenSSL 1.1.x or not.

The DLLs are the correct version.  The directory was restored from our backup in tack.  I did copy them back in again.  It's been a quite a while when I set this up and I don't remember if I missing something else that needs to be done.

Ed
Were you able to restart it?

I suggest you take the application to another machine and try to start it from there. If the binary files are intact and the version is correct there is no reason for it to fail loading because of OpenSSL.