Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,349
» Latest member: arabbasalt
» Forum threads: 2,154
» Forum posts: 10,484

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 549 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 545 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Call TPicture.Assign in a...
Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion
Last Post: lmengyew
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Http.sys application prom...
Last Post: lmengyew
Yesterday, 08:25 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 729
IntraWeb Bootstrap4 - dem...
Last Post: jindrich.volek
04-25-2024, 03:16 PM
» Views: 65
Dummy div in a IWRegion
Last Post: StephB
04-24-2024, 03:58 PM
» Views: 116
Create components at runt...
Last Post: PaulWeem
04-23-2024, 10:27 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 128
message when added TIWDBN...
Last Post: Mike_A
04-22-2024, 02:09 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,287
303 Redirect and Response...
Last Post: ALW2019
04-22-2024, 01:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 550
IW 15.5.9 IWChart
Last Post: PaulWeem
04-22-2024, 07:16 AM
» Views: 257
Data Decimation in ChartJ...
Last Post: iwuser
04-22-2024, 06:51 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,630
ClassicRegionDraw
Last Post: JuergenS
04-17-2024, 05:35 PM
» Views: 168

How do you fill a TIWDBLookupList with ListSource data?
Posted by: cogniscaena - 03-20-2018, 10:14 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (5)

ListSource | ListField data not showing in TIWDBLookupList.  How do you get the data to show?

Print this item

Intraweb as windows service
Posted by: davenovo - 03-20-2018, 10:00 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (33)

Hello. 2 questions.

I know that you do not recommend deploying the Intraweb standalone server.  There is also a web page here that describes deploying as a windows service.

I have 2 questions.

1.  Is the window service as described above ok for production use? If not, what are the limitation I should be aware of?
2. Does this take exclusive control over the port to which its bound. i.e. I have a webserver using http.sys directly. It only handles requests if the request matches the URL it is serving. Otherwise, it passes the request along to anyone else listening to the same port. Does the webserver built into the Intraweb windows service described above behave in the same way?

Print this item

SSL Testes em Stand Alone Application
Posted by: Fabio Brabo - 03-19-2018, 11:35 PM - Forum: IntraWeb Dúvidas Gerais - Replies (9)

Boa noite,

Estou tentando testar minha app Stand Alone no IW depois de configurar todo o SSL, já exportei os arquivos nos formatos .pem (root.pem, key.pem e cert.pem), mas quando tento entrar no site me aparece os erros.

No chrome: NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID
No firefox: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Make my own modal window
Posted by: davenovo - 03-19-2018, 09:24 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (15)

Is there a way that I can make my own IWForm, and do something like I would do in Delphi, i.e. just call Form.ShowModal.

I have found the IWModalWindow component, but the annoying thing about it is that if I want to do something fancy, I put it on a region, and set the IWModalWindow.ContentElement.

That is simple, but it means that on my main form, I have all the stuff for my main form, then I also have a region that contains the components for the modal window. So the form has tons of components on it. I would like to move the components I need for the modal window onto a separate modal window to not clutter up my main form. Especially if the main form can launch 5 or 6 modal windows it would get crazy.

Can I make a new IWFrame and put the IWFrame as the ContentElement?

Print this item

How to close modal window when clicking on the background form
Posted by: davenovo - 03-19-2018, 05:58 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (1)

Hello,

Making a modal window is quite straightforward as per your demo. Quick question. I have seen several websites where clicking on the non-modal part of the web page is effectively doing a cancel on the modal form. Is there an easy way to accomplish this in intraweb?

Print this item

sending stringlist as chunks
Posted by: Madammar - 03-18-2018, 11:11 AM - Forum: Indy General Discussion - Replies (2)

i have got tstringlist with 1000 lines that i want to send its text from idtcpserver to a clientside

i did not want to send this stringlist as memorystream i want to avoid using memorystream at all i will use writeln to write this stringlist.text

but i am trying to find a way to separate this string list and send it content separately

as example sending each 100 lines until i reach the end of lines

but couldn't figure out a way in coding to do this purpose

Print this item

Issue installing Indy10 with Delphi 7 and Windows 7
Posted by: Carlos - 03-16-2018, 06:09 PM - Forum: Indy General Discussion - No Replies

I'm installing Delphi 7 and some components, as Indy 10, from an old computer to a new one. Manually, I mean.
In the old computer dclIndycore70 and dclIndyProtocols70 packages are installed, so I first tried to install dclIndycore70  package in the new computer.
At some point, it tries to process IndySystem70 package, the editor window appears for it, with the line "IdWship6 in 'IdWship6.pas';" signaled (or selected) as an error but no message error appears. 'IdWship6.pas' file is in "C:\Delphi7-Componentes\Indy10_5422\Lib\System" folder as IndySystem70  package is, so I suppose the error is not "file not found".

The Search Path used is:
C:\Delphi7-Componentes\Indy10_5422\Lib\Core;C:\Delphi7-Componentes\Indy10_5422\Lib\System;C:\Delphi7-Componentes\Indy10_5422\Lib\Protocols

I'd appreciate some help. I'm really stuck. Thank you.
Carlos

Just posted the message, I found the answer.... in the Indy 10 installation Instructions. So I'm very sorry for having skipped this step.
If someone feels the need to skip the installation documentation, the packages to install are, for Delphi 7:
IndySystem70, IndyCore70, IndyProtocols70, dclIndyCore70, dclIndyProtocols70
So have a look at: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/...on.EN.aspx

Thank you, anyway
Carlos

Print this item

Reading returned data via TIdTcpClient?
Posted by: BosseB - 03-15-2018, 06:53 PM - Forum: Indy General Discussion - Replies (1)

I am always struggling with this whenever I try to throw together a TCP client application...
I can easily send commands to the server (in this case a WiFi IoT module.
I know it responds to the command but for the life of me I cannot get the reply.
The platform I use is 64 bit FreePascal 3.0.4 + Lazarus 1.8.0 with the IndyLaz package installed

THe function that fails to work as I hoped looks like this (FComm is a TIdTcpClient object):

Code:
function TConfigCommHandler.GetItem(Cmd: TIdBytes; var Data: TIdBytes): boolean;
begin
  Result := false;
  SetLength(Cmd, Length(Cmd) + 1);
  Cmd[Length(Cmd)-1] := ETX;
  FComm.IOHandler.ReadTimeout := 2000;
  try
    FComm.IOHandler.Write(Cmd);
    SetLength(Data, 0);
    FComm.IOHandler.ReadBytes(Data, -1, false); //<== Is this way correct?
    Result := Length(Data) > 0;
    if Result then
    begin
      if Data[Length(Data)-1] <> ETX then //Received packet should end in ETX...
      begin
        FLastError := 'Terminating ETX missing!';
      end
      else
        SetLength(Data, Length(Data) -1); //Remove trailing ETX
    end
    else
      FLastError := 'No data received within timeout!';
  except
    on E: Exception do
    begin
      FLastError := 'Exception: ' + E.Message;
      Exit;
    end;
  end;
end;
For example what happens if this ReadBytes function does not get all of the incoming bytes?
I try to detect it via the ETX check but since the data is only at maximum some 25-40 bytes (not possible to know beforehand) I thought it highly unlikely it would be split between packets...

I found the cause regarding this specific problem:
The server did not add the trailing ETX to replies, so all of them were thrown away.
I modified the server code to always add the ETX to all outgoing messages.
But I have a follow-up question:
How can the PC application be made such that it will catch and display all incoming data without first sending a command?
For example spontaneous messages from the device are also interesting...

Print this item

Validating files before upload
Posted by: davenovo - 03-14-2018, 11:13 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (10)

Hello,

How do I validate files before they are uploaded. i.e. if I want to only allow files that have the word 'banana' somewhere in the filename, how do I check that before all the files are uploaded?

If the validation fails, how do I then cancel the upload? If multiple files are selected, and only one fails validation, can I just abort the upload of that one file?

Print this item

TIWFileUploader OnAsyncUploadCompleted question
Posted by: davenovo - 03-14-2018, 11:07 PM - Forum: IntraWeb General Discussion - Replies (2)

In the documentation at http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/controls...oader.html, it says for OnAsyncUploadCompleted it says

Quote:This event is triggered when the file upload completes, BEFORE it is processed or saved by IntraWeb core. You should use this event to save the file to a different location, under a different name, or save it to a blob field in a TDataSet component

The method signatures make perfect sense, but there is no mention how I would grab the uploaded file stream to save it to a blob field before saving it to disk.

Print this item