Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIWjQDBGrid paging
I have a TIWjQDBGrid connected to a dataset with a couple of hundred records in it. It displays fine and the paging works nicely.

I have goMultiSelect on, and I can select multiple records by clicking in their checkboxes.

I can move the active record up and down with the arrow keys. However Page Up and Page Down have no effect.

If I select some records on the first page, move to the second page and then back to the first page, the selections are gone.

I have some questions.

1. How can I make the grid toggle the selection of the current record when the spacebar is pressed?
2. Is it possible to get Page Up/Down to move through the pages?
3. Can the selected records persist across page changes?

Thank you.

One other thing:

In OnAsyncSelectRow I call UpdateSelectedIDs, but even after doing that the SelectedIDs property lags one step behind. After selecting one row, it is blank. After selecting two rows it contains the ID of the first row and so on. Is this intentional?
Can anyone help with these questions?

I have one more: When the "select all" checkbox at the top is ticked, it does not fire any events. Is it possible to generate the OnAsyncSelectRow event in this situation?

Thank you.
Hi

I'll need to test most things here. However, I can say that:

1- I don't think it is possible to toggle selection with the space bar because the check box doesn't receive focus. Need to see if it is possible to change the behavior but if the check box receives focus it would mean that page navigation using the keyboard on a page where such a grid exists would be compromised...

2- Same thing as above. The links don't receive focus so they don't receive input from the keyboard. Also not sure if it is possible to change this behavior easily, not even with a page hook (e.g. if you have 2 grids on a page, what should happen if you type page down?)

3- Yes it is possible but I believe it will require some specific changes in the JavaScript code that supports the IWjQGrids.

Regarding your final question, I'll check the behavior. It would be easier to tell you if this is expected if you provided a simple test case.

Anyway, I'll get back to you when I finish the tests.