Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW 15.5.5 PerformAfterAsyncProcessing(); formClass is not defined
With IntraWeb 15.5.4 (and .5) for an ISAPI.DLL we sometimes get a JavaScript console error (in FireFox F12) that says:

Error in processAjaxExecute when evaluating: PerformAfterAsyncProcessing(); formClass is not defined

The error can be trace to the IWBase_xxxx.js file. 

This does not happen with IntraWeb 15.4.2. Any idea? We haven't changed anything else.

Note that it looks like everything on the page itself is still working, but I want to ensure everything is fine before we deploy this version.

Thanks in advance!

Groetjes, Bob Swart
Hi Dr. Bob,

I'll have a look. Did you ever get it in SA mode while debugging/developing?

Cheers
PerformAfterAsyncProcessing() is not a method part of IntraWeb codebase. Is this your parts of your own code or 3rd parties?
PerformAfterAsyncProcessing() is a JavaScript function of our own, it is called in the DoGenerateForm of our main base form (derived from TIWAppForm, and the parent for all our other intraweb forms.

Code:
procedure TIWCaiwBaseForm.DoGenerateForm(AStream: TIWRenderStream);
begin
  inherited;

if WebApplication.IsCallBack then
    WebApplication.CallBackResponse.AddJavaScriptToExecuteAsCDATA('PerformAfterAsyncProcessing();'#10);
end;

If looks like the above JavaScript is now added before the formClass value itself is present.

'formClass' is a javascript variabele which is set in our $(document).ready( ) function, based on the value of IW_FormClass.

Code:
formClass = $("input[name=IW_FormClass]").val()

IWForm.pas sends the IW_FormClass to the browser (line 821) in procedure TIWForm.DoGenerateForm:

Code:
Contents.AddHiddenField('IW_FormClass', Self.ClassName);

So my guess is that AddJavaScriptToExecuteAsCDATA may end up in the resulting page in a slightly different order using IW 15.5.x compared to IW 15.4.2 ??
I'll try to simulate it here and see how it goes.
Hi again Dr. Bob,

I'm having a little trouble recreating it... more specifically, how to you trigger the DoGenerateForm() on Async? Do you force a reload or any other specific action? Are you swiching forms?
I see the message when we enter a new page, as soon as that page is being loaded (which almost sounds like an Async event is happening at that time, I'lll see if I can figure this out on our end as well - but like I said, the same applications runs without this message using IW 15.4.2).
We seem to have solved it on our end by adding some more code to the DoGenerateForm using AddToInitProd, sorry to waste your time on this.