Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Async frame refresh
I have a frame that is created on a form. Is it possible to async refresh this frame ONLY (not the whole form) from within the frame code?

Thank you
It is possible but most of the time it is avoidable. Frist, why do you need to refresh the whole frame, instead of only refreshing controls that actually changed?

Most controls, when changed on server side, will just update their state and the required changes to the page are done on the fly. Doesn't it work for you?
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response. The reason is that we have a form that contains an iframe (showing a different app of ours) and another frame inside a region that has some information related to the contents of the iframe app. When we update/save the region contents, it does require a refresh. If we do a full-screen refresh, the contents of the iframe are reloaded again and that causes delay and sometimes a problem.

The control we use is the TMS IWHTML edit, which requires a refresh to save its contents or load from a file.
If this technique is not recommended, can you please advise the best practice from the IW perspective to use 2 forms/frames together in one browser screen?
To be honest, I don't know if and how to refresh TMS IWHTML edit control.

I would strongly recommend you to remove it and use something else. Most of the time, an IWLabel with RawText set to True is capable of rendering whatever you have there and it works correctly.

TMS don't update their controls and the code is the same as it was 20 years ago, meaning that whatever new features and capabilities that we introduce in IntraWeb are not followed by any TMS control
Thank you Alex. Any recommendation for a JS-based HTML Editor that works well with IW including Async Refresh?
Have you tested our IWSummernote component?
(09-27-2023, 06:58 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Have you tested our IWSummernote component?

I can't find IWSummernote component in my components list. I'm using v15.2.65

I needed to upgrade past v15.2.66 to get this component. Now I can see it and will give it a try. Thank you
Yes, maybe you should go all the way and use the latest version. Some new summernote features were introduced in recent versions (like language).